20'' BBS LM

hamajang

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 3.0 Absolute Zero
but ill tell you. I had rubbing issues on the rear with this set up. 20x10 up front and 20x11 in rear. had to run camber arms in the rear to get the tires to stop rubbing. I am on kw v3 as well. still in the process of dialing in the coil overs
If you were to do it all over again, would you have chosen a different offset for the rears? How bad was the rubbing before adding camber arms?

I am curious because I will be placing an order soon for wheels with similar specs (8 mo. lead time).
20x10 +23 265/30 front
20x11 +25 295/30 rear

I’m also planning on running swift springs (-1.2” f/r)

On the Vivid car, they said rubbing only occurred on big dips and hard turns. They didn’t mention anything about camber arms, but they said some trimming was involved.

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
20x10 et 22 up front 265/20/20
20x11 et 24 in the rear 295/30/20
Love the way the LMs look on your car, but I think the offsets leaves a bit to be desired. Seems like BBS only builds the LMs in a few offset options instead of building a "Supra" fitment. My current wheels are 19x11 in the rear and I can run a 305 rear tire with zero rubbing.

Especially for what they costs, BBS should have a more precise fit.

LcKenji

First Name
christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK5 supra, s2000
If you were to do it all over again, would you have chosen a different offset for the rears? How bad was the rubbing before adding camber arms?

I am curious because I will be placing an order soon for wheels with similar specs (8 mo. lead time).
20x10 +23 265/30 front
20x11 +25 295/30 rear

I’m also planning on running swift springs (-1.2” f/r)

On the Vivid car, they said rubbing only occurred on big dips and hard turns. They didn’t mention anything about camber arms, but they said some trimming was involved.
If I had to do it all over again I would still run this set up. I love the fitment of it. My thoughts were I like the stock 19's but I just mentally can never run a stock wheel and since that was already a 19' I did not want to buy the same size wheel aftermarket. Let alone the LM is step face rim so it really is using a 19' face. I will tell you I am most likely going to go to a 285 in the rear on my next set of tires if adjusting my camber to -3.5 doesnt get rid of all my rubbing. Havent had any issues with bacon the quarter yet though. It's not crazy rubbing just didnt want to make my car super stiff. I have my kw set pretty soft for comfort. I did stop more than that. I dropped about 1.75 inch from stock.

LcKenji

First Name
christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK5 supra, s2000
Love the way the LMs look on your car, but I think the offsets leaves a bit to be desired. Seems like BBS only builds the LMs in a few offset options instead of building a "Supra" fitment. My current wheels are 19x11 in the rear and I can run a 305 rear tire with zero rubbing.

Especially for what they costs, BBS should have a more precise fit.

Thank you, yes I dont think its maximizing the width i could go. But thats okay dont need the craziest set up. Could have run a different offset but I did not want to run any spacers on a wheel im spending alot of money on. At the time of purchase as well, there were not many wheels that made 20s in the width that I wanted. Alot of brands that I would run are only 19's. I think down the line there will be plenty of companies that step up to 20', maybe not as most people wont want to run 20's for performance.

Overall I am pleased with the setup and think it looks good.

hamajang

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 3.0 Absolute Zero
If I had to do it all over again I would still run this set up. I love the fitment of it. My thoughts were I like the stock 19's but I just mentally can never run a stock wheel and since that was already a 19' I did not want to buy the same size wheel aftermarket. Let alone the LM is step face rim so it really is using a 19' face. I will tell you I am most likely going to go to a 285 in the rear on my next set of tires if adjusting my camber to -3.5 doesnt get rid of all my rubbing. Havent had any issues with bacon the quarter yet though. It's not crazy rubbing just didnt want to make my car super stiff. I have my kw set pretty soft for comfort. I did stop more than that. I dropped about 1.75 inch from stock.
Thanks for the reply. :thumbsup:

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
Thank you, yes I dont think its maximizing the width i could go. But thats okay dont need the craziest set up. Could have run a different offset but I did not want to run any spacers on a wheel im spending alot of money on. At the time of purchase as well, there were not many wheels that made 20s in the width that I wanted. Alot of brands that I would run are only 19's. I think down the line there will be plenty of companies that step up to 20', maybe not as most people wont want to run 20's for performance.

Overall I am pleased with the setup and think it looks good.
I would really love the look of a 20" wheel and BC forged does offer it, but for me it comes down to tire options... Lots of tire options in 19" including drag radials that might be harder to find in 20"

LcKenji

First Name
christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK5 supra, s2000
Thanks for the reply. :thumbsup:
Just a FYI. if you dont slam the car you wont have issues and you can go with a 305. i wanted to get as close to the quarter panel and hood fender arch as possible without tucking. So alot of that is on me. When the car is in load it does lower a bit thats why i have a little rub.

LcKenji

First Name
christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK5 supra, s2000
I would really love the look of a 20" wheel and BC forged does offer it, but for me it comes down to tire options... Lots of tire options in 19" including drag radials that might be harder to find in 20"
Thats correct. If i was gonna do drag radials im gonna just get 2 for the rear and do the standard 2 different wheel set up ;)

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
Thats correct. If i was gonna do drag radials im gonna just get 2 for the rear and do the standard 2 different wheel set up ;)
quite a few of the local mkv guys run the Mickey Thompson street S/S or Nitto 555R2 drag radials in 19”. Their 60ft times wasn’t that much slower than mine on a Hoosier DR and their tires are streetable.

Well unless it rains ?

Attachments

LcKenji

First Name
christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK5 supra, s2000
quite a few of the local mkv guys run the Mickey Thompson street S/S or Nitto 555R2 drag radials in 19”. Their 60ft times wasn’t that much slower than mine on a Hoosier DR and their tires are streetable.

Well unless it rains ?
Yeah man. I dead ass keep spinning through 4th gear with my current set up. Cant launch the car or itll hop a lane lol. Granted i am running e30 blend on stage 2 bm3 tune. setup scares the shit out of me.

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
You'll spin more on 30 profile. 285/35 will have more grip than a 305/30.

Vivid racing ran 265/285/30 with some work in the rear fender well sitting on HKS adjustable springs.

These wheels were my first choice of wheel but +24 offset was just a bad decision on BBS part. Should not have been less than a 30 offset.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Yeah man. I dead ass keep spinning through 4th gear with my current set up. Cant launch the car or itll hop a lane lol. Granted i am running e30 blend on stage 2 bm3 tune. setup scares the shit out of me.
What tire pressure are you running? And how well is the track prepped?Even the stock tires shouldn’t spin in 4th. Definitely not on an OTS “stage whatever” tune.
Sponsored