2020 Red 3.0 Supra Clear Coat Peeling Off On Bumper

nepasupra

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
I was washing it today and after hitting the whole care with the hose I noticed the clear coat is peeling off like scotch tape.. Is anyone else experiencing this same issue? If so please share your experience working with dealer/Toyota to try to get it rectified...

I bought mine at the end of 2020 (in December) and haven't even had it a full year :/ Taking it into the dealer tomorrow and fingers crossed they rectify this and don't try to make me pay out of pocket... IMO this is ridiculous. I have a 2019 red tacoma as well and paint is flawless. My Supra I take insane care of, paint is in mint condition..

20210712_190929.jpg

20210712_190952.jpg

20210712_191032.jpg
Sponsored

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™ve had my red Supra since May 2020 and I have no paint issues. That really sucks manā€¦ā€¦..good luck to you. Hoping the dealer fixes it for you.

OP
OP
nepasupra

nepasupra

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
@Okvilln It is very unusual because the rest of the car outside of the front bumper seems to be a pretty solid clear coat.. For example, behind the front wheels, I have had some rocks come up and initially appear to leave marks but were very easy to clean and get off. It's mind-boggling to me that rocks could come up and not chip the clear-coat there but the front which I don't have a single rock chip or ding at all is peeling away like crazy all of a sudden.

I purchased the car brand new from Ardmore Toyota in Philadelphia, PA. Now I'm really wondering if they damaged the front-end or someone test driving did and they fixed it and did not disclose it to me. Do you think a different Toyota dealer will easily be able to tell and work in my favor?

OP
OP
nepasupra

nepasupra

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So fun update...
I have a 2020 red one, got it end of Summer in 2020. I never went over the paint with a microscope to look for the small what look like blemishes like some of these other guys but it looked very good until within 6mos of ownership the front bumper clear coat went into full clear coat failure with huge chunks flaking/falling off. I got the first issue fixed and covered.

Now I have 2 new parts of the car going into clear coat failure, the top front hood and the back bumper. The front hood they are covering but apparently the field rep gave a lot of push back and tried making claim that it was caused by bird droppings.. service manager guess walked him off that cliff.. my car is garage kept.. rinsed off after almost every drive, especially if there was bird dropping.. anyways, the rep, however, made the decision to deny the back bumper and is claiming it is from debris despite service manager showing case history and it is known issue.

Not even full 2yrs of ownership and over half the car is in clear coat failure. I would HIGHLY advise staying FAR AWAY from the 20s Red.. I haven't even received any type of offer from Toyota to "buy back" the car like what I have seen others comment on the forum. I had to open case now with Toyota corp over this and was also encouraged to start bringing up lemon law to get this dealt with. Really sad.
Sponsored