Plastic bumper different color on white?

Last Lemming

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV, 86 944 Turbo
So I got my 2020 white car used with 3800 miles on It. The car fax came up clean, and theres no apparent evidence of prior damage, but me being anal and a worry wart, I noticed today that the rear bumper is just a hair different shade of white than the body. Now I know plastic and metal can look different with different materials but does that hold true these days still?

does anyone else with white with this same issue?
Sponsored

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
My wifes rcf is white...no color variation that I can see...
If you're overly concerned take the car to an auto body shop and have them put a paint gauge on it...if it's been repeated it'll show in the thickness of the paint...
Steve

SupraYYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0
The car fax came up clean, and theres no apparent evidence of prior damage, but me being anal and a worry wart, I noticed today that the rear bumper is just a hair different shade of white than the body. Now I know plastic and metal can look different with different materials but does that hold true these days still?

does anyone else with white with this same issue?
I bought my 2021 Absolute Zero new, and all the painted plastic parts appeared to be an ever so slightly different colour than the painted metal parts. Do you notice the same thing on panels other than the bumper? If so, it's probably normal.

In this press photo, I find the difference particularly noticeable where the rear fender meets the deck lid and where it meets the rear bumper:

3861410904603D6C4BD9995BCEC2226816F42D94-1500x1044.jpg

The same difference holds in other places, like where the door meets the door garnish, but that's harder to see in photos because of the angles.

OP
OP
Last Lemming

Last Lemming

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV, 86 944 Turbo
I see it most notable where the bumper meets the metal body on the rear hind quarters. It’s very slight as you say.

jreinlie4

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Same. The front fascia appears to be one shade slightly darker than the hood. Really only detectable in the right lighting and you really have to be looking for it.

Nope

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra
White paints almost ALWAYS are a shade off on plastic vs metal body parts. And pearl whites even more slightly so.
Sponsored