2020 Supra prototype at Goodwood Festival of Speed (photos/videos)

Will fake vents stop you from buying the new Supra?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Think you’re the minority on this one as most of us seem to like the looks.
At this point I like the front end, don't love it. But you can see the potential is there. I'm sure once the camo is removed and you can get a clear picture of the entire front end, lines, curves, possibly real vents it will bring out the car that much more. The rear and hips of the FT-1 are on this car which was always my fav. part of the FT-1.
Sponsored

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
I think that's bad, that front end looks dull
That may be partly a result of the camera angle, but the hoodline together with the front end certainly do appear to detract to some degree from a sportscar look. The cowl and hood's a bit too high, flat where it should descend to the front, and the front wheel arches are too fat and don't wrap tightly enough around the wheels. Compare to:

Toyota-FT-1-Concept-side-view-on-road.jpg

SupraMKVColorShop2.png

Last edited:

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
A camo wrap is what, 1 mm thick? I don't think the optical distortion it would create would be that significant.

But there may be some foreshortening of the prototype's image in the Goodwood photo as a result of the use of a telephoto lens that exaggerates the degree of the problem.

Spilner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
That may be partly a result of the camera angle, but the hoodline together with the front end certainly do appear to detract to some degree from a sportscar look. The cowl and hood's a bit too high, flat where it should descend to the front, and the front wheel arches are too fat and don't wrap tightly enough around the wheels. Compare to:

Toyota-FT-1-Concept-side-view-on-road.jpg

SupraMKVColorShop2.png
I REALLY want to see it Liberty Walk'd!

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
Yuck.. no bodykit talk please.

PREDATOR786

First Name
Ismail
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
EX: 1994 Toyota Corolla AE92 Twincam 16V Turbo (Jade Green). EX: 2006 VW Jetta MKV 2.0 FSi Sportline (Black). EX: 2018 Toyota C-HR 1.2T Plus CVT (Nebula Blue). Current: 2020 Toyota GR Supra (Prominence Red)

Rotaryrunner

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda RX 8
Vehicle Showcase
Nah, I don't like the two tone colour . But a red a90 with all black wheels would catch my eye

Status
Not open for further replies.