2020 Toyota GR Supra: Full Photo Gallery

Supra Turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supras
Enjoyed reading this post by the Peterson Museum... Yamaha built the 2000GT, and no one complained. BMW built the 2020 Supra, and everyone complained. Everyone needs to keep some context! (Also, notice the over all proportions and rear quarter window? New Supra definitely took some queues from the 2000GT
Yamaha did not build the 2000GT. Yamaha modified the head for an existing six cylinder Toyota motor for it. I think most of those that "complain" though, just wanted to see progressive lineage to the 2JZ engine, which also had a Yamaha tuned head. Now whether the economies would allow that is a different story.
Sponsored

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
Yamaha did not build the 2000GT. Yamaha modified the head for an existing six cylinder Toyota motor for it. I think most of those that "complain" though, just wanted to see progressive lineage to the 2JZ engine, which also had a Yamaha tuned head. Now whether the economies would allow that is a different story.
Yes the technically didnā€™t build the 2000gt but they did majority of the design work, not just engine. Originally the car was a Nissan until Nissan pulled out of the project and left Yamaha needing another company to collaborate with. Might want to fact check before posting. :thumbsup:

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
Yes the technically didnā€™t build the 2000gt but they did majority of the design work, not just engine. Originally the car was a Nissan until Nissan pulled out of the project and left Yamaha needing another company to collaborate with. Might want to fact check before posting. :thumbsup:
Which is why they own its name

Supra Turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supras
https://www.topspeed.com/cars/toyota/1967-1970-toyota-2000gt-ar10869.html

Under the hood, the 2000GT had a 2.0-liter straight-six unit based on the engine from the Toyota Crown sedan. The mill was modified by Yamaha, who added a new double overhead camshaft head and three, two-barrel Solex carburetors,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_2000GT

Continue reading...
Toyota accepted the proposal, but employed a design from their own
In either case. The engine was not only Yamaha, but Toyota also. What do I need to fact check before posting? Nothing I stated in my original sentence is incorrect.