JWL

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Hey all,

First of all, I'll upload pictures when I'm back home but I'm currently travelling for work. I love my Supra, but I don't have a habit of taking photos.

I picked up my 2021 Supra 3.0 Premium on July 20th. I ordered it through a nearby Houston dealership and paid MSRP for it. Thank god that I didn't need to deal with the markup shenanigans. It is my first car and I remember telling my friends that I will just keep it stock. That plan went out of the window shortly after I discovered this forum. Thanks y'all.

Then I thought I could add a CAI and catback exhaust for the noise, nothing crazy. And then I started looking at the suspension, the wheels, and the carbon fiber pieces and man, who knew car modding is so damn expensive? No one ever warned me about this lol...

My goal with modding is to improve on what in my eyes are the numerous deficiencies of the new Supra. The interior was bland; the audio was bad; the car had a lot of small rattling issues; fake engine noise; there are cheap looking fake vents; the wind buffeting was horrible; the silver/black spokes wheel design was not my favorite; etc. I want to make this car feel more special and worthy, the way it really was intended to be.

I've never modded a car before and I was never that handy with cars. Below is the list of mods I have added to the car, and the performance ones were installed by professionals, though I do think I should pickup some tools and start getting my hands dirty.

Installed
Suntek PPF (7/29): Safety first. The installer recommended Suntek for a yellow car so this is what I went with.
Eventuri CAI (8/5): I wish I would have known that this intake is pretty quiet inside the cabin and I think it needs to be taken apart to clean the filter every 3500 miles. No shortcuts or easy access points afaik. I hope this won't be too much of a pain in the ass when the time comes. The aesthetics and quality is definitely top notch though.
AWE Resonated Touring Exhaust (8/5): To my untrained ears this exhaust sounds a lot better than the stock one. Louder, but livable at the same time. The 2021 model seems to have more gurgle-y burbles. I hope with a catted downpipe the exhaust note can be a bit crisper without being a machine gun.
Audio Fix (8/12): Big thanks to Tadda and other contributors. My DIY was far from perfect but I was happy with the results nonetheless. I coded out the fake engine noise as well.
AMS Anti-Wind Buffeting Kit
Rexpeed CF Stickers for passenger side, above the glove box
3D Maxpider Floor Mats
NVSpecialties CF parts
ZL1 Addons Tow Hooks with a Camera Mount

To be installed next
AMS Catted Downpipe
AMS Charge Pipe
H&R Lowering Springs with Tein Spring Silencers: I'm only looking for a minimal drop to eliminate the wheel gap and tighten up the suspension slightly.
Verus Rear Diff Cooling Plate
Verus Master Cylinder Brace
Cusco Rear Power Brace
aFe Adjustable Front and Rear Sway Bars: I'd have gone with the Cusco ones but they are not adjustable.
IND Front and Rear Painted Reflectors: Reflectors are not required for Texas' state inspections on passenger cars.
RSP Toyota CF License Plate

On the way
Carbontastic CF Steering Wheel: I chose a yellow stripe and added a GR logo to the bottom trim piece. I also went with silver stitching to match the stock interior stitching.
Advan GT Beyond 19x9.5 25 / 19x10.5 32 in Racing Titanium Black with Advan center caps: These are the even more concaved version of Advan's GT wheels. I was able to pre-order these with a 3-5 month lead time.

Future Plans
New License Plates: Texas' CF license plate design doesn't look the part. I might change to a black one instead.
Catch Can/AOS: It seems like no one has really refined their blow-by solution yet so I'm still waiting.
Tires and Brake Pads Upgrade
Heat Exchanger Upgrade
Tune
Aero Kit: This will likely be the last thing I do.

Please let me know what you guys think or if you have any suggestions. I'm still very much a beginner to all things car related and I'm eager to learn.
Sponsored

handsoffsam

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
997.2 GT3, 2021 A91, 2008 S2K CR,