2021 Orders

albabameem

First Name
Albab
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
I recently got approved for a Supra and the dealership in Ottawa has placed an order for a 2021 2.0 Supra few days back. I just wanted to hear from my fellow Canadians who have placed their order for a 2021 model in the year 2021. Maybe share updates here so we can all get a sense of how things are progressing. My dealership told me the wait could take up to 4-6 months :doh:
Sponsored

luv2xlr8

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
In my experience one dealer knows nothing more than the next. One dealership tells me it's a year wait, another dealership says 4-6 weeks. I am ordering a 2022 and instead of shopping for a car, I'm actually shopping for a dealership that actually knows what's going on with them. Or rather, a dealership that has enough pull to have their orders filled. I admit I wish I knew more, but here in BC the dealerships are incredibly inconsistent. One dealer says the wait is a year, where a dealer about 20kms from them has two 2021's sitting on the lot. Hopefully someone else on here is more knowledgeable and can clear things up for you!

OP
OP

albabameem

First Name
Albab
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
In my experience one dealer knows nothing more than the next. One dealership tells me it's a year wait, another dealership says 4-6 weeks. I am ordering a 2022 and instead of shopping for a car, I'm actually shopping for a dealership that actually knows what's going on with them. Or rather, a dealership that has enough pull to have their orders filled. I admit I wish I knew more, but here in BC the dealerships are incredibly inconsistent. One dealer says the wait is a year, where a dealer about 20kms from them has two 2021's sitting on the lot. Hopefully someone else on here is more knowledgeable and can clear things up for you!
Can't agree more on that. These so called authorized dealers don't know how to deal. My salesman doesn't even reply to me for days despite me giving him $60k worth of business. I've seen a few 2021s sitting in British Columbia but I live in Ontario so I guess I have no other choice than to wait. I did however send a tweet to @toyotacanada hoping at least they would help me in expediting the process.

phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra GR 3.0
Kinda late on this, but I got lucky with mine. I walked in wanting to trade my Civic Type R and they were able to find one for me at another dealer. They also had a few options as well. A couple weeks later, my friend inquired about trading his newer Type R in for a Supra and they told him it was a 6 month wait.

I guess they sold real quick. I didnā€™t think they sold that well or maybe they just werenā€™t making enough of them.

Anyways, @luv2xlr8 is right. Dealers donā€™t know nothing. I asked them about the Supra, feature wise, and no one knew nothing.

luv2xlr8

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
I guess we should rename this thread 2022 orders, but everything is the same, dealers are still clueless unfortunately. Iā€™m still on the hunt for a Turbulence in western Canada if anyone sees one! And if anyone wants Phantom on red, reach out as Iā€™ve been contacted not once, not twice, but three times for phantom and had to say no as I just canā€™t commit to PPFing the entire car.

phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra GR 3.0
I actually have phantom and PPFā€™d only the front of the car. Full hood, bumper, mirrors, fenders and a bit on the quarter where rocks kick up. The entire car is ceramic coated. I did a ton of research and met with a few satin/matter coloured car owners and they were in the same boat as I was. They were scared at first. I love the colour and glad I went through with it. Itā€™s definitely different and a head turner. Itā€™s a little bit more work to take care of but nothing too out of the ordinary.

PS. Any colour would be amazing on the Supra though! Good luck on your search!

trev_rs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium, '17 Abarth 124 Spider
Not surprised, I would expect any sitting around now will sell pretty fast as the snow melts. Almost all sports cars are pulling 20% premiums, these Supras at MSRP are looking like steals. Never thought I'd ever say a sports car at MSRP is a steal ...

luv2xlr8

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
I think another reason the new ones are moving so fast, at least here in BC, is because the used prices are still so inflated, specifically on Supraā€™s. It isnā€™t uncommon for dealers to be listing used at original MSRP or higher only to have the car sit for months. They are paying so much into these things that hardly anyone is risking someone elseā€™s problems for only a couple thousand dollars less than new. Orrrrr maybe thatā€™s just me. The ones that are being priced ā€œcorrectlyā€ (low 60s) are moving much quicker. Either way if anyone sees or knows of a Turbulence showing up let me know!

trev_rs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium, '17 Abarth 124 Spider
While these aren't quite as rare as a 4C, I was in the market for one for almost 2 years waiting for the "inevitable" price drop. Dealers had inventory that were upwards of 2+ years old on NEW cars, and they ended up blowing them all out in the $60k range. I was waiting for < $50k. No one wants these cars, how can they not plummet???! It never happened. Now you can't even barely find used ones at all, and those that are available are $70k plus. If Supra prices hold for a bit longer, the same could happen when Toyota decides to dump it. But the whole buy electric could change things .. it's like gambling.

22RedSupra

First Name
Amitt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra GR, 2020 Tesla Model 3
Ordered a MY22 a couple weeks ago from Don Valley Toyota (Markham). According to the dealer they had 2 allocations and it should arrive in 3-4 months. All other local dealers said minimum 6 months. Hoping 3-4months is accurate in my case.

luv2xlr8

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
They are starting to show up one at a time out here in BC, the non-sold dealer allocations that is.

supramax

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Subaru BRZ, 2022 GR Supra 3.0, Genesis G80
I actually have phantom and PPFā€™d only the front of the car. Full hood, bumper, mirrors, fenders and a bit on the quarter where rocks kick up. The entire car is ceramic coated. I did a ton of research and met with a few satin/matter coloured car owners and they were in the same boat as I was. They were scared at first. I love the colour and glad I went through with it. Itā€™s definitely different and a head turner. Itā€™s a little bit more work to take care of but nothing too out of the ordinary.

PS. Any colour would be amazing on the Supra though! Good luck on your search!
You don't happen to be in ontario and can recommend where you got it done. I got lucky and snagged a Phantom coming to the GTA in 'April' and will want to protect the paint.

phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra GR 3.0
You don't happen to be in ontario and can recommend where you got it done. I got lucky and snagged a Phantom coming to the GTA in 'April' and will want to protect the paint.
I live in Ontario. But got it done on the Quebec side in Gatineau at Waxed Detailing.
Sponsored