2021 Supra Exhaust Thread

jgardner150

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I ordered the full ETS 4" turbo back last week for my 21'. Catted Downpipe, Resonators and Mufflers (goal is increased performance with good sound, but not obnoxious loud, and no CEL). I reached out to ETS regarding the Cat they are using and they replied back saying they have switched to the Gen2 G-Sport like I have seen other manufactures doing (they're intended for 2017+, although it actually just came out last year from what I've read) . So hopefully better chance of it behaving and no CEL...

I'm not exactly sure on lead time for it to ship. Once I do get it I'll try to post some pics/videos of it through the install process and some before & after sound clips (I despise sound clips of exhausts because they do little justice, but better than nothing :rolleyes:).
Sponsored

Sara/AWE

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Car(s)
A90
(I despise sound clips of exhausts because they do little justice, but better than nothing :rolleyes:).
100%... I explain this all of the time. Are you going to custom tune or an OTS stage 2ish?

jgardner150

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
100%... I explain this all of the time. Are you going to custom tune or an OTS stage 2ish?
For the time being no tune. Iā€™m unfortunately running a locked 2021. Was thinking about running a JB4 with an E85 mix, but Iā€™m hearing rumors that maybe an unlock solution is coming soon. Weā€™ll seeā€¦

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat
Came today

Attachments

Sara/AWE

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Car(s)
A90
For the time being no tune. Iā€™m unfortunately running a locked 2021. Was thinking about running a JB4 with an E85 mix, but Iā€™m hearing rumors that maybe an unlock solution is coming soon. Weā€™ll seeā€¦
I ran JB4 on my 135i before MHD. It was a FBO stock turbo running 93. Honestly, other than some of the controls MHD offered I didn't notice a big difference between the two power-wise (or laptimes as this was a track car).

OP
OP
Daoster

Daoster

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2007 S2000, 2002 GS300
I just installed an Active Autowerke catted downpipe paired to my Armytrix catback. Very subtle difference in the low rpms/idle, but during acceleration the sound is great. Did a couple flybys with my friends and they all loved the sound of it. No CEL after 300miles on it so far either.

jgardner150

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I ordered the full ETS 4" turbo back last week for my 21'. Catted Downpipe, Resonators and Mufflers (goal is increased performance with good sound, but not obnoxious loud, and no CEL). I reached out to ETS regarding the Cat they are using and they replied back saying they have switched to the Gen2 G-Sport like I have seen other manufactures doing (they're intended for 2017+, although it actually just came out last year from what I've read) . So hopefully better chance of it behaving and no CEL...

I'm not exactly sure on lead time for it to ship. Once I do get it I'll try to post some pics/videos of it through the install process and some before & after sound clips (I despise sound clips of exhausts because they do little justice, but better than nothing :rolleyes:).
UPDATE-1: I emailed ETS to provide feedback (I had no expectation of them doing anything for me since I made the decision to install the downpipe as is / I already drove around a little bit, and I did make them aware of this). Chris at ETS reach back out to me right away with an apology for the mishap, a return shipping label, and a commitment to start immediately making a new downpipe with the Gen2 Cat I asked for and they are adjusting their jig to further offset the O2 sensor to fit correctly with the 21' 6 port manifold. They are also working with me to get the new one out before I send the old one back due to limited access to the lift I used / save me the pain of having to swap back to the stock exhaust to get the car home (I can't use the stock downpipe because of the 4" exhaust, although I was curious what it would have sounded like with just the stock downpipe and no exhaust:headbang:) . I'll keep you guys posted on how this unfolds, but so far pretty happy they are definitely going above and beyond.

UPDATE-2: I received the new downpipe from ETS (corrected to the Gen2 GESI cat, and adjusted O2 bung). I got this swapped out this past weekend. Install/re-install was a little bit of a pain but I got through it. The new downpipe fits as expected this time. There is plenty of clearance on the upper O2 sensor now. I will make another post with comparison pictures of this.

Got this all installed yesterday. I took lots of pics and a couple videos (quality may be questionable, sorry I'm not a audio/video pro ;)).

Product Impressions:
Packaging was great, shipped all the way from Washington state to Ohio no issues. Their metal and welding skills look top notch, no complaints there. I ended up with the Gen1 Cat on the downpipe (was expecting the Gen 2). I shared my disappointment on this with ETS via email, but I'm inpatient so Gen1 got installed. From what I have read I don't think I'll have issues. I put a little over 50 miles on it so far, no CEL. Fingers crossed...

Install Impressions:
Install went OK with a small tweak needed. The upper O2 sensor on the downpipe just barely touched the exhaust manifold... I decided to put a "custom" bend into my transmission heat shield so I could slightly rotate the downpipe and got the O2 sensor off the manifold with a small air gap. I believe this was probably a design difference between the 2-port and 6-port manifold change between the 20/21s. I gave this feedback to ETS, If they reply with anything interesting I'll let you guys know. The downpipe still does touch a heatshield at the bottom, I believe this is specific to the 4" outlet version. I took the heat shield off (real easy just a couple fasteners), and reshaped it in a vice. I think this sort of thing just comes with the territory, and it's out of site... so no issues with this.

Driving/sound Impressions:
Whoo it's definitely a new beast! Overall tone is much deeper than stock. Cold start is deep and loud, then tappers to a little louder/deeper than stock idle after the engine decides its warm enough. I don't hear any rasp, thinking the resonators helped out with that... There is some tolerable drone around the 2000RPM range under load, nothing abnormal. I notice it more in comfort mode when the car is trying to run in high gear/low speed... If you're in sport mode I don't think it shows up as much since its in the higher RPMs / lower gears. Performance gains... it does feel snappier, but hard to say what's in my head and what's real.

Videos:

Pics:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_cae.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_c80.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_ca1.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_cc0.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_cbe.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_cb1.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_cca.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_cd1.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_cbe.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_cc2.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_ccd.jpg

Last edited:

touge_206

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic type R, Mini Cooper S, X5M
does anyone have a AA catted DP and AWE resonated Touring exhaust fly by or in cabin vid?

jgardner150

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Here are some comparison pictures of the fitment issues I had with the downpipe, and what it looks like with their latest version. From what I understand they changed their jig for all new downpipes to match this so it will fit properly on both the 2 and 6 port manifolds. If you are buying for a 2021 from them or resellers you may want to confirm its this latest version....
1625611289381.png

1625611356857.png

1625611416575.png

1625611712393.png

1625611438021.png

1625611454956.png
Sponsored