2021 Supra: True or Fake Stock Dual Exhaust?

Foxhound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91 Nocturnal
Hey guys,

I noticed on my 2021 A91 edition that on start up and idle, exhaust gas really only comes out from the left pipe; is this because the stock exhaust is NOT a true dual exhaust (due to inline 6)? Or am I mistaken??
Sponsored

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Why not look under the car..

The car also has one downpipe which is visible from when you open the hood. Can't really have a "true" dual with one dp.

OP
OP

Foxhound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91 Nocturnal
Thanks for confirming guys. Hopefully this’ll be a reference for future Supra noobs like myself :)

wolf_kyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 GR Supra, 1996 NA Miata, 2014 Camry SE
it also depends on whether the car is "warmed up" on a cold start even when on SPORT MODE. valve wont open until it reached temps. (also wont Pop/Burble) also you SHOULDNT..

PS (this is also when you can clearly tell the "Fake Engine/Exhaust Noise" thats being played by the speaker)

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition, Lotus Elise SC, (x2)Honda S2000
Definitely not a dual exhaust with the single turbo and one bank of cylinders. Other VA-based a91 owners, we need to schedule a meet once Covid is over.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Definitely not a dual exhaust with the single turbo and one bank of cylinders. Other VA-based a91 owners, we need to schedule a meet once Covid is over.
are you on the FB mid atlantic supra group? pretty active.
send me a PM if you need a link

OP
OP

Foxhound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91 Nocturnal
Yooo NOVA a91 owner right here! So down once we’re past covid

pr0jekt_cha0s

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
it also depends on whether the car is "warmed up" on a cold start even when on SPORT MODE. valve wont open until it reached temps. (also wont Pop/Burble) also you SHOULDNT..

PS (this is also when you can clearly tell the "Fake Engine/Exhaust Noise" thats being played by the speaker)
Ok, I've been wondering about the valve and when it truly opens. I have my car programed to start in sport mode, but the valve does not open on cold start. Just wanted to verify that is does stay closed in sport mode until the car warms up a bit? It does eventually open.