2021 with Ecutek question (not a can this be tuned question)

JimmyA91

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Soon & 2018 Ram
Hey everyone,

Random question. We all know the 2021 has more hp than 2020. Do the cars with the ots maps still make more power than the 2020 as i am assuming the maps were designated for a 2020? Just trying to understand whether it makes sense to do an ots tune until i can do a full dyno tune.
Sponsored

visconti

Silver Sponsor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vtune.us
Car(s)
Subaru STi, VR30, S55 M3, GOLF R, Supra A90
Ecu
Hey everyone,

Random question. We all know the 2021 has more hp than 2020. Do the cars with the ots maps still make more power than the 2020 as i am assuming the maps were designated for a 2020? Just trying to understand whether it makes sense to do an ots tune until i can do a full dyno tune.
EcuTek doesn't make OTS Maps, so that's down to the tuner.

The 2021 is happier on pumpgas and often makes more power due to the lower compression.

The 2020 is a champ on ethanol..

Both really make the same power on ethanol.

Hope that helps

John

OP
OP

JimmyA91

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Soon & 2018 Ram
I know ecu doesnt make a tune but i was just trying to understand if it makes sense to add the tune until i can get the time set aside for a full dyno tune. Will there be a power bump on my 2021 with a downpipe and intake( i know intake doesn't give power)? They are giving me the ots for free until i can do the dyno tune.

visconti

Silver Sponsor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vtune.us
Car(s)
I know ecu doesnt make a tune but i was just trying to understand if it makes sense to add the tune until i can get the time set aside for a full dyno tune. Will there be a power bump on my 2021 with a downpipe and intake( i know intake doesn't give power)? They are giving me the ots for free until i can do the dyno tune.
If you trust the company, then I would say go for the OTS map - to hold you over.

For example, the OTS maps I sell with our EcuTek Kits produce less boost, and have a softer ignition curve. It's designed for flash and go - nothing to verify. It can be installed and no one has to worry about anything.

Both the 20 and 21 pick up power with a downpipe and no tune. Limits will come into play, check engine lights. A tune fixes those things and provides even more of a thrill.

Intakes have proven to make no power. I've had another well known tuner tell me that switching to a intake lost power back-to-back - that was a interesting statement from him.

On this platform Intakes require no tuning, the most important thing to remember is you want the filter to be in a closed box. Do not put a open filter in the engine bay - this will bring in heat from the engine bay and rob you of power.

John

OP
OP

JimmyA91

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Soon & 2018 Ram
If you trust the company, then I would say go for the OTS map - to hold you over.

For example, the OTS maps I sell with our EcuTek Kits produce less boost, and have a softer ignition curve. It's designed for flash and go - nothing to verify. It can be installed and no one has to worry about anything.

Both the 20 and 21 pick up power with a downpipe and no tune. Limits will come into play, check engine lights. A tune fixes those things and provides even more of a thrill.

Intakes have proven to make no power. I've had another well known tuner tell me that switching to a intake lost power back-to-back - that was a interesting statement from him.

On this platform Intakes require no tuning, the most important thing to remember is you want the filter to be in a closed box. Do not put a open filter in the engine bay - this will bring in heat from the engine bay and rob you of power.

John
This for the most part answers my questions. so i can assume it will not put me at a disadvantage then a stock tune and a down pipe in terms of overall power? i will knock this out.

THanks!

visconti

Silver Sponsor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vtune.us
Car(s)
This for the most part answers my questions. so i can assume it will not put me at a disadvantage then a stock tune and a down pipe in terms of overall power? i will knock this out.

THanks!
Grab the free OTS :)

OP
OP

JimmyA91

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Soon & 2018 Ram
Thanks for the quick responses.

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
Jimmy... Alot of these well known tuners have it figured out. I run an OTS 93 tune and a custom e50 tune. After flashing the OTS tune I went to Real St and the Dyno numbers were right in line with what my tuner (Mikey Botti) quoted. It is all preference and price with most of the well known tuners... I have spoke to guys that have used most of them and they are all pretty happy with their Ecutek tunes.

After doing both, I wouldnt hesitate to use an OTS tune from any of the well known guys. They all seem to have it figured out.

OP
OP

JimmyA91

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Soon & 2018 Ram
Jimmy... Alot of these well known tuners have it figured out. I run an OTS 93 tune and a custom e50 tune. After flashing the OTS tune I went to Real St and the Dyno numbers were right in line with what my tuner (Mikey Botti) quoted. It is all preference and price with most of the well known tuners... I have spoke to guys that have used most of them and they are all pretty happy with their Ecutek tunes.

After doing both, I wouldnt hesitate to use an OTS tune from any of the well known guys. They all seem to have it figured out.

Thanks man!! This gives me a good sense of comfort!

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
Thanks man!! This gives me a good sense of comfort!
I know i've posted it before, but that is mine on the Dyno... But I am very impressed with how these car perform with just a tune and downpipe. Since were in Florida I would recommend going catless for the most power (im loosing quite a bit of tq catted). Honestly after seeing multiple OTS cars run and talking to other owners and 1/4 mile times it's really depends if you really want to spend the extra money for dyno time. It was roughly an extra $300 for the dyno time on top of the cost of tune and Ecutek.

OP
OP

JimmyA91

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Soon & 2018 Ram
I know i've posted it before, but that is mine on the Dyno... But I am very impressed with how these car perform with just a tune and downpipe. Since were in Florida I would recommend going catless for the most power (im loosing quite a bit of tq catted). Honestly after seeing multiple OTS cars run and talking to other owners and 1/4 mile times it's really depends if you really want to spend the extra money for dyno time. It was roughly an extra $300 for the dyno time on top of the cost of tune and Ecutek.

I have a powerneedy catless downpipe, awe catback, and mst cold air. Will have an ecutek tomorrow.

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
I have a powerneedy catless downpipe, awe catback, and mst cold air. Will have an ecutek tomorrow.
awesome...Iā€™ve been told thereā€™s a handful of e85 pumps scattered around Orlando, so flex/e50 was worth the extra 70hp/60tq to me.

OP
OP

JimmyA91

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Soon & 2018 Ram
awesome...Iā€™ve been told thereā€™s a handful of e85 pumps scattered around Orlando, so flex/e50 was worth the extra 70hp/60tq to me.
It isnā€™t my daily so I have concerns about it sitting for extended periods of time. Did you use the Visconti flex fuel setup?

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
It isnā€™t my daily so I have concerns about it sitting for extended periods of time. Did you use the Visconti flex fuel setup?
Originally i bought the FF kit, but decided to use map switching instead. Im only using e50 for the track so I just blend the fuel and switch maps right from the cruise control switch. For what I use it for, it works best for me.

OP
OP

JimmyA91

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Soon & 2018 Ram
Originally i bought the FF kit, but decided to use map switching instead. Im only using e50 for the track so I just blend the fuel and switch maps right from the cruise control switch. For what I use it for, it works best for me.
Where are you getting the e50 to ensure the blend is good. Are you worried about it eating away at any of your current lines etc?
Sponsored