Ecutek question

s0_Salty-

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 Supra, 09 STi, 2019 Subaru Ascent
Somebody mightve answered this question but I'll ask anyway. This question goes to ppl who actually have an ecutek. I'm in the market to buy an ecutek, if I buy the programming kit do I need to buy a license or does it come with it?
Sponsored

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra (sold), 2023 F150 Tremor
Lol that's $900 without tune, gotta pay to play. Thanks for the reply
You can typically get an OTS tune with the Ecutek programming kit and license for <$1100 to get you started.

Do you plan on getting more than one tune throughout your build process (OTS or Custom)? If so, you may want to consider total tuning costs over the life of your build. The difference may not be as big for the flexibility and ceiling that Ecutek provides.

Other tuning solutions are definitely viable, as well, but I think the “pick your tuner first” rule of thumb definitely still applies. The tuner you trust and want to work with may have a preference or not support a certain tuning platform.

OP
OP
s0_Salty-

s0_Salty-

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 Supra, 09 STi, 2019 Subaru Ascent
You can typically get an OTS tune with the Ecutek programming kit and license for <$1100 to get you started.

Do you plan on getting more than one tune throughout your build process (OTS or Custom)? If so, you may want to consider total tuning costs over the life of your build. The difference may not be as big for the flexibility and ceiling that Ecutek provides.

Other tuning solutions are definitely viable, as well, but I think the “pick your tuner first” rule of thumb definitely still applies. The tuner you trust and want to work with may have a preference or not support a certain tuning platform.
As of right now I only have an air intake, catted dp, and exhaust nothing big it's just future proofing and getting the performance I paid for and reliability I guess. As far as tuner I'm looking into speed industry. I might get everything from them since they do sell ecutek with tune as a package.

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
About 350 for kit and 550 for license.
can Get cheaper if you catch a site offering discounts but only by like 5%
Sponsored