2024 Supra 3.0 non-premium 6MT question

bluekitty

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda Odessa. 2020 Toyota Tundra 5.7l.
Hi,

What brakes does the 3.0 with the 6 speed manual non-premium come with? I was reading the rear rotors are made of aluminum. Is that true? Are the calipers the same as the premium just not red? I plan to track drive the car and was thinking it might be a good idea to switch to gyro-Discs right away and stell the stock rotors vs destroy them at the first track session.

anyway, I have the car on order but havenā€™t seen it or one like it in person yet. Any one have a similar model and can shed light on this topic? Thanks in advance!

bluekitty
Sponsored

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
From what I heard, the mt cars get the better stuff. So bigger rear brakes. They all get the same fronts. Stock rotors are just fine for track duty. No need to upgrade those. Just get better pads and fluid.

OP
OP

bluekitty

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sean,

thanks for the info. I am so excited! Any recommendations on pads and fluid?

thanks!

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Sean,

thanks for the info. I am so excited! Any recommendations on pads and fluid?

thanks!
My personal opinion is Project Mu Club Racer pads and Castrol SRF fluid. Never had brake fade with this setup.

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
Hi,

What brakes does the 3.0 with the 6 speed manual non-premium come with? I was reading the rear rotors are made of aluminum. Is that true? Are the calipers the same as the premium just not red? I plan to track drive the car and was thinking it might be a good idea to switch to gyro-Discs right away and stell the stock rotors vs destroy them at the first track session.

anyway, I have the car on order but havenā€™t seen it or one like it in person yet. Any one have a similar model and can shed light on this topic? Thanks in advance!

bluekitty
Rotors are never made of aluminum. They are typically made of a cast iron alloy.

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
True, but I believe that when most people refer to rotor material, they are referring to the rotor disc material. As you know, the vast majority of brake rotor discs are made of cast iron alloy. An XRF alloy analyzer is often used to verify correct alloy material percentages. I used one during a time when I was designing stainless steel brake rotors for police vehicles. Those were coated with chromium in a PVD chamber.

AL_Cyn

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra
I have a 2023 base manual, the calipers are red and same as the premium models. Iā€™ve had a good experience so far with the Project Mu Club Racer pads and Endless RF650.

OP
OP

bluekitty

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Anyone have a 2024 non-premium or have seen one?

thanks for all the responses.

bluekitty
Sponsored