Musa_Hanzo

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Rockville, MD I Seoul, S. Korea I Yokohama, Japan
Car(s)
Toyota I Honda I Porsche
Sounds like the car is in Anti theft mode. Try operating the car with an other set of keys you have including arm/disarm
Sponsored

OP
OP
A91Tempest

A91Tempest

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra 3.0 Premium MT
Sounds like the car is in Anti theft mode. Try operating the car with an other set of keys you have including arm/disarm
I'm going to have to try when I get home.

Rhane

First Name
Rhane
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 A91-MT, '22 Mustang GT, '13 FR-S
being serious it goes PEW PEW PEW. lol no forreal its weird.
I thought you were crazy at first. I see what u mean after listening to the audio. Get that thing checked out! Most likely something aftermarket?

OP
OP
A91Tempest

A91Tempest

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I thought you were crazy at first. I see what u mean after listening to the audio. Get that thing checked out! Most likely something aftermarket?
What aftermarket would they add on their though? it was straight from the dealership and the only thing i know they added was the SWAT security.

• Wow
Reactions: zrk
OP
OP
A91Tempest

A91Tempest

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Maybe try searching some Z4 forums. Unlikely to find anything but, what the hell, why not.
Yea ill try to see if i can get anymore information about it. It's already tough enough to find info on MT supras haha.

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
What aftermarket would they add on their though? it was straight from the dealership and the only thing i know they added was the SWAT security.
A quick Google search and that's the same company that makes the useless KARR aftermarket "Alarms". So they almost certainly installed some module in your car that is almost certainly causing this. I would insist they immediately remove it (The car has GPS tracking from the factory) and refund your money. At the very least, they need to "fix" it.

Just my $0.02

https://www.swds.net/swat-gps-vehicle-tracking

OP
OP
A91Tempest

A91Tempest

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A quick Google search and that's the same company that makes the useless KARR aftermarket "Alarms". So they almost certainly installed some module in your car that is almost certainly causing this. I would insist they immediately remove it (The car has GPS tracking from the factory) and refund your money. At the very least, they need to "fix" it.

Just my $0.02

https://www.swds.net/swat-gps-vehicle-tracking

I Didn't even know it wasn't factory. -_- mustve read it wrong.

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I Didn't even know it wasn't factory. -_- mustve read it wrong.
Well, the sales model they use is they sell directly to the dealerships and the units are installed as a "Dealership Option" before the cars are even sold. When you buy the car, they sell you the "add-on" and if you decline, they just deactivate the unit. But it's definitely NOT OEM and is almost certainly causing your "issue"

When I bought my Supra, I told the dealership that if they installed any of that bullshit, I was not taking the car. They are usually heavily "spliced" into the electrical system (at least the KARR systems are) so even if you decline the "add-on" and they disable the unit, the damage to the wiring harness is already done. The one that was installed in my wife's Prius malfunctioned and prevented the car from being started.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A91Tempest

A91Tempest

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Well, the sales model they use is they sell directly to the dealerships and the units are installed as a "Dealership Option" before the cars are even sold. When you buy the car, they sell you the "add-on" and if you decline, they just deactivate the unit. But it's definitely NOT OEM and is almost certainly causing your "issue"

When I bought my Supra, I told the dealership that if they installed any of that bullshit, I was not taking the car. They are usually heavily "spliced" into the electrical system (at least the KARR systems are) so even if you decline the "add-on" and they disable the unit, the damage to the wiring harness is already done. The one that was installed in my wife's Prius malfunctioned and prevented the car from being started.
SMH. apparently they also put a clear bra on the hood.

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
SMH. apparently they also put a clear bra on the hood.
Yeah, mine came with the PPF on the front of the hood. Not a dealbreaker for me. I can't recall if that's a dealer installed option or port installed, but that one is actually OEM like the carbon mirror covers or the rear mat.

OP
OP
A91Tempest

A91Tempest

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah, mine came with the PPF on the front of the hood. Not a dealbreaker for me. I can't recall if that's a dealer installed option or port installed, but that one is actually OEM like the carbon mirror covers or the rear mat.
do you know if its the whole hood?
Sponsored