3rd gen G29 BMW Z4 (2019-202X)

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nearly 400 miles on a single tank of gas, that's pretty good!
Bullshit.

I see it on the render, but I want to know how many gallons this car has to maintain this amount of miles?!

Theoretically, I say 20 mph and 29 on the highway. I want to say lower but I would think Toyota and BMW would want to work together to make a efficient engine for MPA standards. Sixteen gallons on top of that.

So somewhere from 320 to 441.

But I'm being very optimistic

The plot thickens
Sponsored

Chikane

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hmm What AM I driving?
Could also be that the Toyota gauges are white until you hit 7000 and then the whole thing turns red? Idk, that one frame of the gauges wasn't much to go off of.
I wouldn't be surprised if Toyota stuck with a traditional guage and only had one screen instead of a two screen system like this Z4. Or the entire front screen is different with different graphics more similarlity to FT1's digital.

Chikane

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hmm What AM I driving?
urgh it's like there's so much real estate that the center screen. look at the black area : ( at least Lexus puts a nice clock on theirs. I do like the way this interior looks but I'm unsure of the exterior. Thanks for the find and sharing!

Last edited:

Jeff Lange

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AE86, GSE21
Well, this is interesting. The Z4 engine does not have the same valve cover as the standard B58. Different details and the bolts on the Z4 are in circular wells, as opposed to the ribs on the standard B58. Overall similar design, but not the same. So I'd guess at the very least its a B58TU lol.
It's definitely not just a normal B58 they've dropped in there, at the very least it has some updated pieces.

What are the updates (besides the throttle body and valve cover), and are they important to any of us?

Jeff

Spilner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
Looks to be the same as a 340i/standard B58 equipped car. 6500 redline start and 7000 is actual fuel cut. Engine bay however does look strikingly similar to the Supra.

Also, we are indeed getting orange, but perhaps a new matte/semigloss orange...
YOU MEAN LIKE THIS?
all-hail-the-magic-conch-gif-11.gif

toyota-supra-turbo-m-3_800x0w.jpg

CantEven_Supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Cayman GT4
I'm going to fall on the side of BMW decided to use the Toyota revised Iron Block engine in the Z4.

I'm holding on to all the A70 quotes saying that the engineers told him to trust what was told to him, and not what is going around on the internet. Also this following quote

Finally heard back a few mins ago when I was away from a computer, but the engine in the Goodwood car is indeed the iron block engine refined by Toyota and ex-Yamaha powertrain engineers.
This quote here is what im crossing my fingers for. It means Toyota has revised this engine and unless BMW sucks that much at assembly then it should be reliable up to Toyota's standards. Also that the Goodwood engine according to Tada is the "halo engine" for the line up, will be available at release. I am guessing the GRMN Supra if power spec different at all will be equal to things the aftermarket will be able to do....just with a warranty instead.

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
It looks like this is the European model. I wonder how the US version will differ?

Chikane

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hmm What AM I driving?
^These were the wheels people were having mix feelings over.

Toyota Supra Production Wheels 7.jpg
Really? I thought we didn't mind this two-tone one and disliked the one on the Z4,

It looks like this is the European model. I wonder how the US version will differ?
I think you may be right, but I think they would debut an American one at Pebble since it's an American event. We'll get confirmation soon.

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
I think you may be right, but I think they would debut an American one at Pebble since it's an American event. We'll get confirmation soon.
The speedometer is in KM, and the navigation system is in another language (German?). Yes, I would think so too lol.

Chikane

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hmm What AM I driving?
The speedometer is in KM, and the navigation system is in another language (German?).
Hmm very true, however these things I think can be switched easily now with the software. Or the marketing materials that is shown here is just they only had a Euro car to work off. We shall see, but good catch!

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300