N800MRG

N800MRG

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra 3.0L Pro
Just an update, in case anyone else has this issue.

It turns out, when refitting the cabin filter, the technician made a common mistake of not putting the car into recirc mode first. This seems to be an issue on all G-Series BMW’s, if you do not enter recirc mode first, you run the risk of pushing the fresh air flap past its end-stop with the filter. This is what had happened to me, greatly reducing the air coming out of the vents. Twisting the flap back to within its normal range of motion solves the issue.
Sponsored

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
Just an update, in case anyone else has this issue.

It turns out, when refitting the cabin filter, the technician made a common mistake of not putting the car into recirc mode first. This seems to be an issue on all G-Series BMW’s, if you do not enter recirc mode first, you run the risk of pushing the fresh air flap past its end-stop with the filter. This is what had happened to me, greatly reducing the air coming out of the vents. Twisting the flap back to within its normal range of motion solves the issue.
Good to know! I encountered that flaw on another vehicle once before, but it was so long ago that I don't recall what it was..

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
It turns out, when refitting the cabin filter, the technician made a common mistake of not putting the car into recirc mode first.

This seems to be an issue on all G-Series BMW’s, if you do not enter recirc mode first, you run the risk of pushing the fresh air flap past its end-stop with the filter.
Darn Valeo.. Couldn't put a stopper ?

Would love to see the picture of failure mode. Couldn't immediately picture how it goes beyond..

OP
OP
N800MRG

N800MRG

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra 3.0L Pro
Darn Valeo.. Couldn't put a stopper ?

Would love to see the picture of failure mode. Couldn't immediately picture how it goes beyond..
Unfortunately I didn't get any photos, but in your photo above, imagine someone pushed the back (nearest filter) of the fresh air flap up by about 2-3 inches. At a glance it doesn't look wrong, but it's basically inverted 90°. Your photo shows the flap in its 'fully open' position, so anything beyond that and the stepper motor is outside of it's range of motion.
Sponsored