A80 Toyota Supra

McWicked

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stutz Bearcat
Vehicle Showcase
It always irks me a little bit when reviewers, who were kids when the MKIV came out, invert the Supra's relationship with the FnF franchise. Being in the Fast and the Furious didn't make the Supra a legend. It was in the Fast and the Furious because it was already legendary.

twntrbo03'

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1998 Supra Turbo Quicksilver ---1993 Supra Turbo Anthracite --- 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4
I like how the R34 GTR is on top of his list :D:cool:

Capture.png

I can't wait...
Ehh… if I could only have one car, I'd still take the Supra over a Skyline. Maybe I'm just too die hard Supra and blind to everything else :doh:

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
probably so, but I cant blame you; Supras are great.

The 32GTR is a shitbox (I've worked on quite a few), but the 33 and 34GTRs are also great cars despite some shortcomings in the RB26 (easily fixed with the aftermarket).

I'd still prefer to have both a Supra and a Skyline, but it wouldn't bother me to have the GTR instead.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
Ehh… if I could only have one car, I'd still take the Supra over a Skyline. Maybe I'm just too die hard Supra and blind to everything else :doh:
Yes, you are too much of a die hard Supra fan...lol.

Get behind the wheel of a R34 first, then we’ll debate what’s better.

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
Yeah, I ended up in camp supra over the R34. I'd have another in a heartbeat, but the Rb is less robust, the chassis is rather flimsy, and for me, the interior just seemed too boring.

That said, the drivetrain is fantastic (and unnerving after years if high powered red cars) and the howl of the RB26 is phenomenal.

The biggest advantage the GTR has over the supra is the awd and sound. The biggest advantage the supra has is engine longevity and build quality. Other than that, imho, they're on pretty level playing field

Just my two cents,

It's such a shame the US hasn't been able to have access to them like we have.

Performancesound do you have a specific car chosen, or have a colour etc in mind? Importing from Au may be another option foe you and I'm happy to do any vehicle inspection you like as well :)

mkivalex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 MKIV Supra TT 6SPD
I would put the Supra and R34 on a fairly level playing field as well. The R32 is meh, R33 is getting better but the R34 is pretty sweet. Been around quite a few of them for sometime up here in Canada. I think the "Wow" factor wears off a little when you see them more frequently. USA see's the GTRS almost as a myth i find.

But I do agree interior on them is very meh. I always thought the Supra had a vastly better interior than any GTR

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
The R34 will always be on my bucket lists but since CA laws have hindered that dream and thanks to Motorex, it's not priority.

It'll always be a favorable prize out of the Japanese 90's cars but driving a RHD car in the U.S gets old really quick.

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
FDs are excellent handling cars and my favorite 90s model aesthetically, but the interior plastic trim isn't great quality wise, and they're a pain to mantain.

The NSX is one of the most disappointing cars I have ever driven. It's the one vehicle where I feel the hype is very much undue, and that's because they're slow as hell for having 280hp (maybe it's the gearing), and honestly the handling isn't anything all that crazy either.

That said, they're gorgeous and a boosted one would probably be a ton of fun though.
Sponsored