Accel. Pedal input delay - MY2023 6MT

OP
OP

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
I’d recommend all of you to check out this thread. Throttle hesitation relating to traction control issues is fairly well documented.
Throttle Hesitation

Summary:
  1. Problem: Randomly the car from a stop or slow start will have a very significant delay in throttle.
  2. Cause: Something to do with TC/VSC, likely software.
  3. Solution: Some drive with TC off. Some have luck in start first minute with TC/VSC off and then turning back on. Some had resolution after a software update.
Thank you, I did check this - but I always drive the car with TC/VSC off.

I am certain it's just mapping, again - all the other cars I own that are DBW - some OEM, some aftermarket - don't do this, and it's really fucking annoying me.
Sponsored

OP
OP

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
I'll clarify - it doesn't really affect the driveability of the car at all, and it's very, very subtle. But it really takes the linearity out of the pedal feel on initial application.

If I felt this on one of my older Supras with an ECU, I'd be going in to look at throttle maps - as it feels like a deadzone/delay.

visbits

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 MKV MT, 94 RX7, 95 Supra, 02 S2K, 17 GT350
So what you're experiencing is mostly the PID control of the ECU moving the throttle blade at a slower rate. Basically think of the throttle blade as a constantly moving target and the ECU is always trying to get it to the requested angle as quickly as it can. In sport and normal modes these throttle pedal to throttle angles are different, sport may command that 2% pedal may be 8% throttle and so on.. (extreme examples) and that will give you a different feel.

Most likely what you're feeling is the low throttle angle only being a couple percent combined with fairly large throttle and the ECU hasn't adapted all the required "gain" in the PID control to get the target angle quickly to feel like its doing something.

My car is right at 1000 miles right now and the general "drivability" continues to improve greatly.. I wouldn't worry about it, your brain will adapt to the behavior soon anyway. Just go drive your car and shift the crap out of it.. my trans felt like shit until 700 or so miles and many thousand shifts... now its wonderful!
Sponsored