NJA90

First Name
Tobi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0
Hey all!
I’m not very educated about the hole lowering a car subject so I just want some feedback. I m pretty happy with the stock suspension of the Supra but I would like to drop it an inch at least. What’s the easiest, more reliable and best option?

Would something like this work?
Thanks guys

9FC9B24D-8E9F-4C05-9C93-2483570B75AF.jpeg
Sponsored

OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium - Turbulance Gray
Would something like this work?
Yes, I had those before going full coilovers and they are worth every penny IMO.

Noticed a “Speed Industry” logo on the image. Word of caution if you decide to go with them: Due your own research on Speed Industry before you decide to buy from them. I purchased from them and never received my product or refund. Thankfully I purchased through PayPal, and it was PayPal that gave me a refund after I opened up a dispute.

Speed Industry didn’t reply until I opened up a PayPal dispute. And they still never processed the refund themselves.

A90.C

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra, 2015 BMW 335i
Yes, I had those before going full coilovers and they are worth every penny IMO.

Noticed a “Speed Industry” logo on the image. Word of caution if you decide to go with them: Due your own research on Speed Industry before you decide to buy from them. I purchased from them and never received my product or refund. Thankfully I purchased through PayPal, and it was PayPal that gave me a refund after I opened up a dispute.

Speed Industry didn’t reply until I opened up a PayPal dispute. And they still never processed the refund themselves.
fWIW, I’ve ordered hundreds of parts from them over the last few cars I’ve had and I’ve always been really happy with them. Never an issue and shipping/delivery is really quick.

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I heard MSS adjustables are better in terms of ease of access to the ride height lowering perch in the rear. The HKS are pretty hard to lower when already installed on the car..

OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
fWIW, I’ve ordered hundreds of parts from them over the last few cars I’ve had and I’ve always been really happy with them. Never an issue and shipping/delivery is really quick.
Yeah, I’ve heard both good and bad, thankfully you’ve had good experiences and unfortunately my experience was bad, so I’m just sharing it, much like you can share your positive experiences. This is why I am just cautioning the OP, and for them to do their own research.

I heard MSS adjustables are better in terms of ease of access to the ride height lowering perch in the rear. The HKS are pretty hard to lower when already installed on the car..
Not familiar with that set up. What makes the rears easier? One of the benefits of going with the HKS HAS is the smaller diameter spring perch. It allows you to run a much wider wheel and tire up front. Do the MSS have a smaller spring perch as well?

Tribeq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2015 A3
Seconding MSS. I have them on my car and while it’s still not super easy to adjust them you don’t have to remove the springs from the car at the very least.

OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Seconding MSS. I have them on my car and while it’s still not super easy to adjust them you don’t have to remove the springs from the car at the very least.
Glad theres more options now! FWIW, I never had to remove springs from the HKS HAS either when adjusting.

Whats the diameter difference on the MSS spring perch vs OEM?

OP
OP
NJA90

NJA90

First Name
Tobi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0
Guys thank you so much!
I ordered a bunch of things from speed industry and they’ve been great always.

Tribeq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2015 A3
Glad theres more options now! FWIW, I never had to remove springs from the HKS HAS either when adjusting.

Whats the diameter difference on the MSS spring perch vs OEM?
It reuses the oem spring perch but replaces the rubber isolator.

OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Guys thank you so much!
I ordered a bunch of things from speed industry and they’ve been great always.
Awesome. Sounds like the good is outweighing the bad 👍 I was just one of the unfortunate ones lol.

It reuses the oem spring perch but replaces the rubber isolator.
Good to know, thank you! So if going to a wider wheel and tire set up on the front is something you want to do, you might still run into some clearing and rubbing issues with the MSS VS HKS, with HKS using a smaller spring perch, allowing more clearance but apparently has harder to adjust rear height once installed but still doable.

Tribeq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2015 A3
Awesome. Sounds like the good is outweighing the bad 👍 I was just one of the unfortunate ones lol.

Good to know, thank you! So if going to a wider wheel and tire set up on the front is something you want to do, you might still run into some clearing and rubbing issues with the MSS VS HKS, with HKS using a smaller spring perch, allowing more clearance but apparently has harder to adjust rear height once installed but still doable.
According to my mechanic who’s tried both the MSS behaves better when pushing the car than the HKS. He tracks his Supra regularly.

Meraki Autoworks

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Yes MSS And HKS adjustable springs are going to be your best options for adjustable lowering springs. Or Swift for regular lowering springs, x2-3 cheaper.

We have all 3 in stock.

-Josh

OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
According to my mechanic who’s tried both the MSS behaves better when pushing the car than the HKS. He tracks his Supra regularly.
Interesting. Maybe it’s because they use Eibach springs? I think Eibach springs are better than HKS as far as performance, with Swift being better than both.

I track my Supra 2-3 times a month. I thought the HKS were pretty darn good and did allow me to take advantage of using a squared tire set up with 275 all around (up to 315 lol), but I did find a lot more time going with full custom valved coilovers. Helped when I competed at Gridlife for sure.

It’s a bit of a trade off I guess - do you want a better performing spring set up but might run into wide front tire issues, or comfortably run a wide square set up while sacrificing some performance in regards to the springs/suspension? I’m not in the market for either lol just thinking out loud.
Sponsored