jordanc

jordanc

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Premium Turbulence Gray | '19 Mazda CX-9
Hey man, please don't buy a car from Carvana. Especially a somewhat finicky sports car. I got my 3.0 Premium for 47k brand new. Wait a few months until winter time when demand for sports cars drop. Used cars are also being listed for higher prices now because of the chip shortage. If you can, just try and wait it out. But you'd be paying new car money for a used lower spec car. I've also only heard bad things about Carvana. Wait until the 2022's are rolling onto the lot and get a leftover 2021. That's what I did for my 2020 model. But I was able/willing to be patient since my previous car (2015 BRZ) was running just fine.
You all convinced me! I cancelled the carvana order.

I've been talking to dealers and my local is hard pressed to sell a 2.0 with safety and tech for 48OTD (better than the carvana one...).

But, it looks like (according to one dealer I talked to) they changed the discounts/incentives on May 3rd which raised the prices a lot. So the maybe 45K OTD prices for the 2.0 at the end of April don't seem to apply now.

I appreciate all of the advice. I'm gonna most likely wait. I'd love to have the 3.0 (with JBL either through loaded or premium) for some of the killer deals I've seen around here.

Either way - I think now is just not the time to buy. I have searched nationwide and don't see any "killer deals".
Sponsored

OP
OP
jordanc

jordanc

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Premium Turbulence Gray | '19 Mazda CX-9
totally not worth, agreed with what @SupraMKV2.0 go directly to a dealer even if it's a bit further. I also got mine in december for 40k + ttl brand new. Carvana doesn't even know how to price our cars yet.

I would have probably gotten the 3.0 if they weren't so marked up here (SoCal) but also didn't really want to spend over 55k for one and I wanted new. I'm super happy with mine. I suspect once there are turbo kits out for it, it'll be more than enough for most people. Since the B48 is literally a B58 with 2 less cylinders and less weight. I could see the motor handling mid 450s to 500 on stock block.
This is right in line with what I'm thinking. If I could get one for 40K + ttl that would be incredible. Seems like waiting is just the thing to do for now.

Also I agree - for me personally - at this time spending 10K+ more for the 3.0 is not that enticing.

I drove the 2.0 yesterday and it was phenomenal. I'm sure the 3.0 is that much better - but 10K isn't chump change.

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300