jordanc

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Premium Turbulence Gray | '19 Mazda CX-9
Hey everyone!

I am hoping to join the supra family soon! I'm a little nervous not having driven one before and not really having the opportunity to (dealerships won't allow test drives around here - I would assume that's pretty normal or maybe because I am rolling up in a 2015 Nissan leaf haha).

But, I don't currently see any killer deals on 3.0 premiums so I'm thinking about this 2021 2.0 with safety & tech from Carvana. It also isn't a killer deal - so I could possibly still find a better deal on a new one. But, for now, at least through carvana I'll have the chance to test drive it.

So, my question is do you all have any thoughts on this one at Carvana? https://www.carvana.com/vehicle/1771191

The main things I'd like your thoughts on are:
1) Carvana replaced the tires (I'm assuming rear) after only 1200 miles. That makes me think this thing was thrashed. Would you be worried about that?
2) If they did replace the tires - knowing carvana they're probably just crappy cheap tires.
3) It was a "personal lease" which I'm assuming just means lease? But only for 1200 miles? That seems strange.

Thanks for the input and thoughts! Excited to join the family. If I could find a killer deal for a 3.0 premium that would be awesome. But it'd have to be around 53k otd which I know is hard to find/a big ask.
Sponsored

strohw

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 X3M, 2009 987.2, 2021 Supra
I think you could find one for 53k OTD but obviously you'd have to be willing to ship. Load up a few sites like Autotrader and Car Guru and then filter all the cars at 52k or less. Call every single one of them and tell them you're looking for 53k OTD. Someone will bite but you'll probably have to ship which will take your total cost up to around 54K OTD. You'll also need to know what finance rate you qualify for as some dealers are sneaky and my say yes to 53K but jack up the interest rate.

OP
OP
jordanc

jordanc

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks for the info. I kind of want to stay definitely in the low 50s so I'd rather just go for the 2.0 at this point and save the money (for now at least) also shipping/flying isn't something I'm super interested in. I'm pretty picky so I'd prefer to not risk buying a car before I see it.

Yeah I'm financing through my credit union and they've got a 0.73 rate with carvana or .98 elsewhere so I wouldn't be financing through the dealer.

OP
OP
jordanc

jordanc

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The other more affordable option is the civic type r. But... well... it's ugly. :) haha

SupraMKV2.0

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twinskrulldesign.com
Car(s)
2023 M550i, 2023 M340i, 2021 Supra
There is no way you should be ANYWHERE near the $50K range on a 2.0 Supra...especially a used one. I purchased my new 2021 2.0 Supra with safety and tech for $40,800.00 plus tax, tile & license...granted Iā€™m in Wisconsin and I purchased in December, but for $50K+, there are much better options.

Iā€™d most definitely travel out of state to save over $10K on a car. Stay far away from Carvana and find a dealership with one on the lot.

OP
OP
jordanc

jordanc

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
There is no way you should be ANYWHERE near the $50K range on a 2.0 Supra...especially a used one. I purchased my new 2021 2.0 Supra with safety and tech for $40,800.00 plus tax, tile & license...granted Iā€™m in Wisconsin and I purchased in December, but for $50K+, there are much better options.

Iā€™d most definitely travel out of state to save over $10K on a car. Stay far away from Carvana and find a dealership with one on the lot.
Good to know! Thanks.

OP
OP
jordanc

jordanc

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

Do you like the 2.0? Do you regret not getting the 3.0?

SupraMKV2.0

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twinskrulldesign.com
Car(s)
2023 M550i, 2023 M340i, 2021 Supra
Do you like the 2.0? Do you regret not getting the 3.0?
I like the 2.0 and had zero interest in the 3.0 version, buuuut Iā€™m using mine as a track beater that I really donā€™t care about. If this is going to be your ā€œbabyā€ then you might want to look into the 3.0 version. Come up to the Midwest and you can easily get a 3.0 for $53K OTD

OP
OP
jordanc

jordanc

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I like the 2.0 and had zero interest in the 3.0 version, buuuut Iā€™m using mine as a track beater that I really donā€™t care about. If this is going to be your ā€œbabyā€ then you might want to look into the 3.0 version. Come up to the Midwest and you can easily get a 3.0 for $53K OTD
Again, thanks for the info. That's all helpful.

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300
Way over priced imo. I would wait it out for a better deal. GL and happy hunting.

Probaholic1

First Name
Frankie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0, 2015 Fiesta ST, 2005 Audi A4b6 2.7
totally not worth, agreed with what @SupraMKV2.0 go directly to a dealer even if it's a bit further. I also got mine in december for 40k + ttl brand new. Carvana doesn't even know how to price our cars yet.

I would have probably gotten the 3.0 if they weren't so marked up here (SoCal) but also didn't really want to spend over 55k for one and I wanted new. I'm super happy with mine. I suspect once there are turbo kits out for it, it'll be more than enough for most people. Since the B48 is literally a B58 with 2 less cylinders and less weight. I could see the motor handling mid 450s to 500 on stock block.

SupraBC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 2.0
The Supra is one of those cars that I'd hesitate buying used. I'm pretty sure a high number of them are getting a lot of abuse right off the lot, especially the ones being traded/sold after only a couple thousand miles, but that's just me.

On top of that, yes, this particular "deal" is awful for what I've seen these cars being sold in the US

antonio88x

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium (mine), 2018 CX-5 GT (wife's)
Hey man, please don't buy a car from Carvana. Especially a somewhat finicky sports car. I got my 3.0 Premium for 47k brand new. Wait a few months until winter time when demand for sports cars drop. Used cars are also being listed for higher prices now because of the chip shortage. If you can, just try and wait it out. But you'd be paying new car money for a used lower spec car. I've also only heard bad things about Carvana. Wait until the 2022's are rolling onto the lot and get a leftover 2021. That's what I did for my 2020 model. But I was able/willing to be patient since my previous car (2015 BRZ) was running just fine.
Sponsored