Sold: Advice

MSport

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra
I’m considering buying a guys car that I have met at car meets and followed his IG. We’ve talked a lot seems to take care of his car. It’s a 2020 LE on coilovers, tune Unkown, wing etc. 52k miles. He wants $46k for the car. I have a MT Supra and would be buying this as an Auto that I could maybe track and let my wife drive with me. Worst case scenario sell the MT and keep this. What is a reasonable asking price or deal on this car? Is the Unkown tune going to be a headache?
Sponsored

Ruman

First Name
Ruman
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
That is a lot of miles for 46k in my opinion. If I were to sell mine I would price it around that price with half the mileage. I would say around 42-43k is a decent deal on that Supra.

If you are worried about the tune, it should be pretty easy to detune it or get a new tune. Hopefully the tune isn't too aggressively and hasn't damaged anything in the car.

YOTA_IL

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Do not make that deal…. That’s a crap ton of miles. Maybe if he had 16k on the car $46,000 okay but that’s wayyyyyy too many miles on a car for the $$$$

Danimal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Premium 3.0
Yeah that’s about what I paid for my stock tunable ‘21 with 18k miles - and that was a fair (not stellar) deal.

Sounds like it’s overpriced for those miles,so I’d say negotiate him down a ways or walk.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I thought you posted 5.6K miles.. 56K miles is like beyond dead.. My 2020 Premium has about 4K miles.

DEupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 3.0 MT, '23 BRZ, '06 RX-8
I’m considering buying a guys car that I have met at car meets and followed his IG. We’ve talked a lot seems to take care of his car. It’s a 2020 LE on coilovers, tune Unkown, wing etc. 52k miles. He wants $46k for the car. I have a MT Supra and would be buying this as an Auto that I could maybe track and let my wife drive with me. Worst case scenario sell the MT and keep this. What is a reasonable asking price or deal on this car? Is the Unkown tune going to be a headache?
Does he have receipts of any maintenance work done? Like ignition coils, spark plugs, transmission/diff fluid changes? Idk about the B58, but I know N55 valve covers would start leaking as early as 40k-60k miles, and water pumps too.

Are the coilovers and wings suitiable to your track focus or will you need to replace those anyways? Probably always better to find a stock car and mod to your liking.
Sponsored