Alfa Giulia

<TC OFF>

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
Why only 3.9 seconds 0-60 if it has 510hp and is 3400 pounds? Would have expected it to be even faster. Besides the angry birds kind of front end, the rest of it I like a lot. Active aero and torque vectoring diff sound great.

OP
OP
kamran

kamran

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
scion frs
Interestingly enough they don't list the torque. It all depends if it has a flat torque curve, and where it makes the power. My guess it's probably tuned and geared more towards the Euro buyers, who don't do stop sign drag race, but more autoban and mountain driving. I'd be curious how fast it goes from 60-100mph...that's where it's at for real world driving where speed limits are of no concern!

AZ Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hoping for new Supra
The Giulia is a compelling offering on paper, but will also depend on price. Don't think it will be cheap and might be more than the M3. My fear would be the lack of a dealer network for a brand that's not known for its reliability.

EvoX

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Evo
The Giulia is a compelling offering on paper, but will also depend on price. Don't think it will be cheap and might be more than the M3. My fear would be the lack of a dealer network for a brand that's not known for its reliability.
Alfas aren't cheap in general so I wouldn't expect this to undercut the M3 price, which actually starts at a reasonable $62k.

The fact that the Alfa won't have a broad dealer network also means it will be much more exclusive though. I'm all for more competition so it's good to see another sports sedan throw its hat into that crowded and competitive ring.

OP
OP
kamran

kamran

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
scion frs
In our neck of the woods, it seemed our Ferarri/Mazda ooops, I mean Maserati stealership carries them types! I think once they had one on the showroom floor that was more expensive than some of their F cars!!

JohnnyTX

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Celica GTS (05)
Alfas aren't cheap in general so I wouldn't expect this to undercut the M3 price, which actually starts at a reasonable $62k.

The fact that the Alfa won't have a broad dealer network also means it will be much more exclusive though. I'm all for more competition so it's good to see another sports sedan throw its hat into that crowded and competitive ring.
The exclusive aspect alone will sell this car to some people. Is this a concept or special model with aero kit that we're looking at or is this the actual final production model and all Giulias will look like this?

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Alfa Romeo Giulia QV roars its 510 PS bi-turbo V6 engine [video]

"The sound of pure power is back"

Alfa Romeo has released a new promotional clip with the Giulia Quadrifoglio Verde (QV), this time allowing us to hear the engine's powerful and raspy soundtrack.

Alfa has been relatively quiet following the Giulia's unveiling last month, but now they are trying to make up for lost time by allowing us to hear the mighty 510 PS Ferrari-derived engine at full throttle. All that output is generated by a twin-turbo V6 2.9-liter engine which works as standard with a rear-wheel drive setup, but an optional all-wheel drive layout will be offered at an additional cost.

Developed to rival the M3, C63 and the RS4, this 200 mph QV version will boast a perfect 50:50 weight distribution and is going to tip the scales at around 1,500 kg (3,306 lbs) thanks to a lightweight construction mixing up aluminum with carbon fiber.

More details about the highly desirable sedan will be released in the weeks to come, ahead of a proper public debut set for mid-September at the Frankfurt Motor Show where Alfa will also bring the regular versions of the Giulia.
http://www.worldcarfans.com/115073197320/alfa-romeo-giulia-qv-roars-its-510-ps-bi-turbo-v6-engine

All-New Alfa Romeo Giulia QV Spotted On Public Roads For The First Time

Video footage showing the all-new Alfa Romeo Giulia QV on public roads, during what appears to be the set of an upcoming official video, has surfaced online.

Apart from the white Giulia which stars in the clip, there is also a red one parked behind a camera car. Alfa Romeo is currently readying the all-new Giulia for its public debut at the Frankfurt Motor Show so itā€™s no wonder they are creating more promotional content for one of the most important models the Italian brand has made in decades.

The car in the video is clearly the 503hp Quadrifoglio Verde version, shown about a month ago for the first time. The RWD Alfa uses a Ferrari-developed twin-turbo V6 mated to a manual gearbox and features - according to the company, the best weight-to-power ratio in the segment at "lower than 3kg/hp".

Alfa Romeo has yet to show the Giulia in its more humble versions which are expected to be revealed in Frankfurt along with the full details of the range.
http://www.carscoops.com/2015/08/all-new-alfa-romeo-giulia-qv-spotted-on.html

Watch The Alfa Romeo Giulia QV Get Pushed To The Limit On The NĆ¼rburgring

We already know what the Alfa Romeo Giulia QV looks like, so the fact that these testing prototypes caught on video on the NĆ¼rburgring Nordschleife are still wearing camouflage is quite unusual.

Also unusual, but in a good way, is the noise produced by the Ferrari-tuned twin-turbocharged 3.0-liter V6 engine revved to the redline ā€“ itā€™s one of the most beautiful engine sounds Iā€™ve ever heard. But the almost permanent tire squealing (the drivers were really pushing the QVs to the limit that day) may indicate that the car still needs tuning ā€“ after all, it would be surprising if it didnā€™t given its development time of only 2.5 years.

All in all, it looks like the Giulia Quadrifoglio Verde is truly in its element on the NĆ¼rburgring. Thanks to the engineā€™s 510PS (503hp), the Giulia QV sprints from 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) in just 3.9 seconds ā€“ thatā€™s 0.2 seconds quicker than the fastest version of the BMW M3.

Alfa Romeo is expected to offer full details about the Giulia QV and the rest of the Giulia lineup at the Frankfurt Motor Show. Until then, you can listen to the Giulia QVā€™s marvelous soundtrack in the video posted below.
http://www.carscoops.com/2015/08/watch-alfa-romeo-giulia-qv-get-pushed.html

Alfa Romeo Giulia reportedly lapped Nurburgring in 7:43 minutes

Faster than the BMW M4

A new report is indicating the Alfa Romeo Giulia had a quite promising performance on the Nurburgring.

Italian media is reporting the range-topping QV version of the model managed to lap the famous track in 7:43 minutes. If this result turns out to be true, the Italian machine will become significantly faster than the BMW M4, which lapped the circuit in 7:52 minutes.

Itā€™s also interesting to note that according to our source the 2.9-liter V6 bi-turbo engine of the Giulia QV is actually producing 540 PS (397 kW) instead of 510 PS (375 kW). Itā€™s better to take this with a grain of salt as the information has reportedly been taken from an unknown Facebook source.
http://www.worldcarfans.com/115082798218/alfa-romeo-giulia-reportedly-lapped-nurburgring-in
Sponsored

Last edited: