• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE APRIL 19, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER April 19, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

Another tire thread??‍♂️

jdg54

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Man I don’t know. Here’s two pics I just found with 305/30’s on them. One of them has done auto cross and drag strip with his with no problem. ??‍♂
Search the Facebook forums, dozens of people saying that they upsized tires on stock wheels and the car drove horribly. Tires are the only thing that touches the road, not to sound combative, but I wouldn’t take the cheap way on such an integral part of the car. You can and likely will experience instability at highway speeds, is that a risk you’re willing to take?
Sponsored

Down167

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Man I don’t know. Here’s two pics I just found with 305/30’s on them. One of them has done auto cross and drag strip with his with no problem. ??‍♂
I have 295/35's Conti ECS and they look good on the stock wheel even with the softer sidewall but keep in mind the 555r2 has a softer sidewall as well so they will "bulge" a little more than the PS4 or PSS.

OP
OP

Jfurby37

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
I have 295/35's Conti ECS and they look good on the stock wheel even with the softer sidewall but keep in mind the 555r2 has a softer sidewall as well so they will "bulge" a little more than the PS4 or PSS.
How’s the traction with your set up. Better than stock tires?

Down167

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
How’s the traction with your set up. Better than stock tires?
Much better than the the stock PSS. I am running a catless downpipe, MST intake, and tuned by Justin at Twisted Tuning on MHD. I spin in second but 3rd gear is a dead hook. I have been really happy with the Conti's.

OP
OP

Jfurby37

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
Much better than the the stock PSS. I am running a catless downpipe, MST intake, and tuned by Justin at Twisted Tuning on MHD. I spin in second but 3rd gear is a dead hook. I have been really happy with the Conti's.
Good to know. You’re probably putting down a little more power than I am too. Have you ran the 1/4 to know what your doing? I have everything you said but the JB4 with EWG and E30.

Down167

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
I have not.. I have run the MHD OTS E30 map and the added torque I got from the e blend was enough to overwhelm the Conti's pretty easily. If I were to run e30-50 consistently, I would definitely go for the 555r2 but I think the only size that would comfortably fit is the 285/35 (I don't think they make a 295/35r19)

OP
OP

Jfurby37

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
I have not.. I have run the MHD OTS E30 map and the added torque I got from the e blend was enough to overwhelm the Conti's pretty easily. If I were to run e30-50 consistently, I would definitely go for the 555r2 but I think the only size that would comfortably fit is the 285/35 (I don't think they make a 295/35r19)
The 295/35 have a lot bigger diameter then stock. In a drag situation that would be better I believe. More side wall? I dunno I think the 285 is what I’ll go with after everyone’s comments. I guess ultimately when it comes time I’ll probably buy like 17-18 wheels for the back so I can run a larger tire.

strohw

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 X3M, 2009 987.2, 2021 Supra
If I were to bump size I would do 265/35 and 285/35. Those two tires keep the same diameter difference as the stock tire sizes.

Down167

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
The 295/35 have a lot bigger diameter then stock. In a drag situation that would be better I believe. More side wall? I dunno I think the 285 is what I’ll go with after everyone’s comments. I guess ultimately when it comes time I’ll probably buy like 17-18 wheels for the back so I can run a larger tire.
I think a 285 would still do great for off the line traction with the 555r2. Going to 18's would be great. a 305/45r18 would look meaty on the rear!! Not sure it would fit though lol
Sponsored