Any Coilover Install Tips?

Delta1Seven

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0
I'm going to be installing coilovers this weekend, has anyone done so themselves and have any valuable tips for the install? There are only 1 or 2 videos on youtube but it seems fairly simple.

What are the camber and toe specs I should be trying to achieve for when I get my alignment done?

How much of a drop should I do on stock tire setup with 13mm Front /15mm Rear spacers?

Are there any common codes I should expect to get after the install?
Sponsored

adawine

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Bupra
Take your time. Nut and bolt check everything after installing. It's a fairly straight forward install and takes maybe a couple hours. Make sure not to damage the ride height leveling sensors during the install.

A669369B-0990-491A-B8CF-33859887C1CF.jpeg

Picture I used for reference of correct alignment of the rear ride height level bracket.

Camber and toe specs will be dependent on if you have any aftermarket adjustment parts. (SPL, camber plates)

Drop is up to you and whatever your preference is. 13/15 spacers will clear no problem.

If you don't have EDC cancelers, you'll get chassis codes that won't enable you to disable traction control, unless it's a coilover with built in EDC.

Hopefully that helps. Bunch of install threads and what not for other resources.

Last edited: