Chassis Stabilization / Rear Differential lock reduced after Axle/JRZ Coilover install

Azian6er

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra gr
Chassis Stabilization Error / Rear Differential lock reduced.

I just finished up install on my Driveshaft Shop axles, Pure850, and JRZ coilovers + RSR Cancellers. The battery was connected for all these installs. Long story short, upon completion, I was hit with a number of error codes.

1.) Chassis Stabilization (reduced driving stability)
2.) Rear differential lock reduced
3.) Driver Assistance support reduced
4.) Parking Assistance malfunction

I have done my research and it seems that a lot of people have had issues after a coilover install either relating to the ride height leveling sensors OR the dynamic suspension system.

I have checked every connection to the rsr cancellers to ensure no pins are bent and the clips are securely fastened. I have also made sure that the ride height leveling sensors are parallel with the ground at ride height. I have also reflashed the dme with ecutek 3 times with no avail. I also have had the car on battery charger for 3 days straight. I have also tried unplugging battery for 30 mins and then reconnecting. I am stumped.

I have heard others say to drive and it will sort itself out. I drove about 75 miles yesterday and all the errors remain still.

I have been trying to diagnose this issue along side Jordan Best because he recently had the chassis stability error pop up after his JRZ install as well.

If anyone can point us in the right direction we would greatly appreciate any help!

IMG_1429.jpg

IMG_1430.jpg

IMG_1428.jpg

IMG_1421.jpg

IMG_1410.jpg

IMG_1052.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bflood

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium
I had the same issue just the other week after I replaced coilovers with KW's and did everything you did with no success. Eventually, mine cleared itself after 50 miles or so with a couple trips lasting 20+ miles.. I honestly don't get it but recommend driving it around awhile longer.

OP
OP
Azian6er

Azian6er

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra gr
I had the same issue just the other week after I replaced coilovers with KW's and did everything you did with no success. Eventually, mine cleared itself after 50 miles or so with a couple trips lasting 20+ miles.. I honestly don't get it but recommend driving it around awhile longer.
sounds good. Also, someone posted this in the Facebook thread. Want to include it in case it might work for others:

Attachments

incutebus

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
supra, brz, hyundai accent
Chassis Stabilization Error / Rear Differential lock reduced.

I just finished up install on my Driveshaft Shop axles, Pure850, and JRZ coilovers + RSR Cancellers. The battery was connected for all these installs. Long story short, upon completion, I was hit with a number of error codes.

1.) Chassis Stabilization (reduced driving stability)
2.) Rear differential lock reduced
3.) Driver Assistance support reduced
4.) Parking Assistance malfunction

I have done my research and it seems that a lot of people have had issues after a coilover install either relating to the ride height leveling sensors OR the dynamic suspension system.

I have checked every connection to the rsr cancellers to ensure no pins are bent and the clips are securely fastened. I have also made sure that the ride height leveling sensors are parallel with the ground at ride height. I have also reflashed the dme with ecutek 3 times with no avail. I also have had the car on battery charger for 3 days straight. I have also tried unplugging battery for 30 mins and then reconnecting. I am stumped.

I have heard others say to drive and it will sort itself out. I drove about 75 miles yesterday and all the errors remain still.

I have been trying to diagnose this issue along side Jordan Best because he recently had the chassis stability error pop up after his JRZ install as well.

If anyone can point us in the right direction we would greatly appreciate any help!

IMG_1429.jpg

IMG_1430.jpg

IMG_1428.jpg

IMG_1421.jpg

IMG_1410.jpg

IMG_1052.jpg
Did this ever resolve? Mine still has chassis stability issues abs everything’s installed correctly.

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
I’ll piggyback off this thread instead of making my own.

I just got my DSS axles installed. I had battery connected during the install. When I turn the car on I was hit with error codes. Same codes as OP, except I’m on stock ride height.

Anyone know what to do? So far I have disconnected battery for 5 minutes and drove ~15 miles.

edit: Codes are
U0418
P15C8
P15C9
P0420

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I just got the same thing today after getting a track alignment done... I'll try the facebook post above Friday AM. Did you try that @Mason ?

Last edited:

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
All I get is this:

BA8AC2DE-E0C1-42E6-9405-872110B6A928.jpeg

The 1st one is always on there with my catless dp. Oddly enough no CEL, lol. I’m taking it to my mechanic Friday AM. Luckily it‘s saying I may not have all the “safety“ demons turned on or that it can’t turn on Toyota’s version of traction control. If that’s all, I’m cool with it for now…. I just don’t want that stuff turning on, on track. I’ve tried hitting the safety button to turn everything off and it all appears to stay off. I’ll find out this weekend on track. And I’ll bring my MX5 as a backup car.

I definitely want to clear it though. It’s not like a CEL. It keeps coming on every couple of minutes, interrupting apple car play or music or whatever. I’ll try taking some really hard corners in town (with no cars around) and see how the backend handles it.

6B9237EE-D9B2-4DF4-A210-BF3734A01609.jpeg

284B1860-8032-41BC-A026-C1001F468BDB.jpeg

7485E656-B199-4A73-8562-FD5DF2F28B3D.jpeg

Shadows_mkv

First Name
Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR 3.0 Premium MT
All I get is this:

BA8AC2DE-E0C1-42E6-9405-872110B6A928.jpeg

The 1st one is always on there with my catless dp. Oddly enough no CEL, lol. I’m taking it to my mechanic Friday AM. Luckily it‘s saying I may not have all the “safety“ demons turned on or that it can’t turn on Toyota’s version of traction control. If that’s all, I’m cool with it for now…. I just don’t want that stuff turning on, on track. I’ve tried hitting the safety button to turn everything off and it all appears to stay off. I’ll find out this weekend on track. And I’ll bring my MX5 as a backup car.

I definitely want to clear it though. It’s not like a CEL. It keeps coming on every couple of minutes, interrupting apple car play or music or whatever. I’ll try taking some really hard corners in town (with no cars around) and see how the backend handles it.

6B9237EE-D9B2-4DF4-A210-BF3734A01609.jpeg

284B1860-8032-41BC-A026-C1001F468BDB.jpeg

7485E656-B199-4A73-8562-FD5DF2F28B3D.jpeg
Did you ever figure this out? I have something similar going on

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Did you ever figure this out? I have something similar going on
Yessir! My windshield installer had the Toyota brand Techstream software to code out the steering angle sensor from an aggressive track alignment. Any time things come up, finding & fixing the cause and then resetting the codes usually does it. Hope that helps!

Shadows_mkv

First Name
Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR 3.0 Premium MT
Yessir! My windshield installer had the Toyota brand Techstream software to code out the steering angle sensor from an aggressive track alignment. Any time things come up, finding & fixing the cause and then resetting the codes usually does it. Hope that helps!
Can this be done to any supra? Or specifically only the ones with unlocked dme’s

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Can this be done to any supra? Or specifically only the ones with unlocked dme’s
Mine isn’t unlocked. Hence less flexibility. So I have to wait for the updates to roll out to the independent mechanics using other software/brands. Or find a collision center, windshield replacement guy, etc. - someone with OEM software if the code is something they haven’t released yet to companies like SnapOn.

If you have a friend that works for Toyota, you’re set. If you’re like me, I had to go outside Toyota and find people that work on BMW/Toyota’s that need the entire smorgasbord of reset codes. A collision center would be my 1st start, if I hadn’t gotten so lucky having my windshield replacement guy reset it. I now have his phone number and pay him on the side if/when erroneous codes are thrown.

Lastly, my independent mechanic can fix most of the codes that come up. Try one of them 1st. Having a good independent mechanic for this car is a wonderful feeling. If they can’t do it, they also might know someone that can. 😊
Sponsored