Anyone ever pick up parts from an airport (overseas delivery)?

delita1

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Z4 M40i, 2021 Rubicon Unlimited
Just curious - Have an EU company quoting me on exhaust, said cheapest option would be to pick it up from the closest airport vs having it delivered. They said they give the customs paperwork in advance, you go, pay duties, show customs paperwork, take your shit home. Never done this before, but I have a truck so I can do it (would save me a few hundred bucks apparently) - just wanted to understand if anyone else has, is it pretty simple, or a f*cking nightmare.
Sponsored

kurumi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
It's simple. Just go to the cargo area of the airport (separate from the passenger terminal) and pick it up like any other package from UPS/FedEX/DHL.

a90moe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
Yes I did that with my Akrapovic exhaust.. Since the package was too big to be delivered. A few papers here & there with some charges and it was released. This is in Kuwait btw, I expect something similar in the US

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
I used to import preserved insects (long story) from Peru and would pick them up at the airport, but I had to go through customs.

Oh, there was paperwork. There was a lot of paperwork.

2Cool

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra Premium 3.0
Yes, many years ago I bought a Holden brake kit from Australia for my new then '04 Pontiac GTO. Came into Orlando Int Airport customs, had to pick it up there. Was an interesting experience.
Sponsored