Anyone have any insight to June Incentives?

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
Our local Toyota Dealers lots are nearly empty. I’m talking 5 new cars on their lots. All dried up until parts resume. Sad.
Sponsored

Jackyl tm

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Edition, C230, Mazda Protege
So realistically when will the 2022 models roll off the line, Q1 2022?

-RJM
I think it would be in the fall. We build the highlanders and siennas, much more in demand vehicles. Our builds are high and not short on parts, just multiple issues and previous part shortages are why we are so far behind. Plus, with the supras actually being bmw parts, I would assume it'll release on time or short delay at the worst

STSGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
I work at Toyota manufacturing. Our rebates/ discounts are usually amazing and we have very strong pull with the local dealerships. Right now, it's all out the window. We got emails stating our employee pricing and discounts are up to the dealer to honor any of it. We are 30000 vehicles behind production. Yes, 30,000 not a typo haha
Is that 30k backlog across all plants worldwide for various models or specific to a single plant and model?

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
Yeah, I ended up pulling the trigger in May, so I got the $750 rebate. Ended up getting a nitro yellow 3.0 Premium with driver assist (MSRP $57105) negotiated down to $51,399. Can't wipe the smile off my face from driving the car all weekend!
Damn some of you really scored some deals. I could hardly get a GM demo 3.0 premium for $52075 with 3,700 miles on it. No dealer near me would discount off MSRP and most wanted $6k over!

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The only bright spot for me is my used car went up $8K between early May and early June using Vroom. So if I have to pay more for a Supra I am okay with that. I just sold my Camaro for $8K more than I paid for it out the door brand new not even a year ago.

Very crazy market.
Yup, same with me. I ended up with enough equity in my trade to make me ok with not getting a primo deal. OTD price worked out alright.

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
Yeah, looks like they removed the $750 incentive that was there in May. I pulled the trigger on May 29...whew.
None of the dealers in my area are offering a d@mn thing. WHEW!!!!!! bought mine 2 weeks ago and the incentives basically covered my 'Safety/technology" package upgrade. Now, those puppies are going for FULL MSRP. All 3.0 premiums are no less than 57 - 58K.

Jackyl tm

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Edition, C230, Mazda Protege
Is that 30k backlog across all plants worldwide for various models or specific to a single plant and model?
That is just the plant I work at. Just highlanders and siennas. We make sequoias as well, but not behind on them much

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
Damn some of you really scored some deals. I could hardly get a GM demo 3.0 premium for $52075 with 3,700 miles on it. No dealer near me would discount off MSRP and most wanted $6k over!
December was a beautiful month to buy in. I was able to sit in the dealership and outline why they we’re going to agree to selling an almost $57k vehicle (which they wanted $59k for) for less than $50k and they did it.

I’ll recognize that it was the market at that time and not my charm that made it possible. I will say a deliberate, well informed, and RESPECTFUL approach to negotiations sure does help.

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
December was a beautiful month to buy in. I was able to sit in the dealership and outline why they we’re going to agree to selling an almost $57k vehicle (which they wanted $59k for) for less than $50k and they did it.

I’ll recognize that it was the market at that time and not my charm that made it possible. I will say a deliberate, well informed, and RESPECTFUL approach to negotiations sure does help.
This is always my approach as well. Respectful, well informed, but firm. I'd say I missed the December market, but the inflated trade values certainly worked in my favor. I remember getting quotes from dealers for my trade value being 33-34k around December-jan, and I just traded that same vehicle for 38.5k

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
Yep
This is always my approach as well. Respectful, well informed, but firm. I'd say I missed the December market, but the inflated trade values certainly worked in my favor. I remember getting quotes from dealers for my trade value being 33-34k around December-jan, and I just traded that same vehicle for 38.5k
yep. Trade values are inflated. My wife’s GLA-250 got an offer of $5k more than I was expecting.

And she said”no” to trading it.

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Turbulence, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 4xe
Supra is built in Austria with BMW parts. From what I have read

If your trading a used vehicle the higher new price balances out or, you may come out ahead. In Jan 2021 my Camaro trade in was $39K (top). I just sold it for $49,300 which was $8K more than I paid brand new a year ago. I’m still working on a Supra but its looking like $3500-4000 off is the best offer. I’m hoping for $5K.

mokleen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Supra is built in Austria with BMW parts. From what I have read

If your trading a used vehicle the higher new price balances out or, you may come out ahead. In Jan 2021 my Camaro trade in was $39K (top). I just sold it for $49,300 which was $8K more than I paid brand new a year ago. I’m still working on a Supra but its looking like $3500-4000 off is the best offer. I’m hoping for $5K.
Where are you finding this 3500-4000 off a supra? I've looked everywhere and no dealer has budged

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Turbulence, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 4xe
Where are you finding this 3500-4000 off a supra? I've looked everywhere and no dealer has budged
New England area. CT, NY, and Mass dealers. Although dealers seem to be cutting back. Will let you know as I should finalize a deal this week.

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If you look on Cars.com you can see some dealers advertising them for around 3-4k off, but call and make sure that's the actual price. Get the OTD number also as some of these dealers have automated pricing or have heavily inflated fees, added service packages, charge for stupid shit like nitrogen in tires, etc...

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
I went to the dealer on Friday to get a couple oil filters and decided to look around while I was there. 1 Supra in the showroom, no incentives. No discount on the window sticker either but no mark up. They had a decent amount of cars for sale though. Toyota of San Bernardino if anyone is interested.
Sponsored