Anyone have experience with seibon front lip?

Supraman91

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra A91 (Refraction)
How much lower does it make the front? Does it scrape? How’s the fitment? Thinks abt getting one for A91…
Sponsored

Akashugly

First Name
Akash
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
The fitment depends on how good your body shop of choice will be. I say that because it isn't exactly plug and play, there is a bit of fine touches to be made to get the fitment right. My car is slightly lowered and it isn't exactly practical but doesn't scrap unless you too quickly over a speed bump.

OP
OP
Supraman91

Supraman91

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The fitment depends on how good your body shop of choice will be. I say that because it isn't exactly plug and play, there is a bit of fine touches to be made to get the fitment right. My car is slightly lowered and it isn't exactly practical but doesn't scrap unless you too quickly over a speed bump.
Thank you for the info. Do you think you could show some pics of yours? I have a refraction as well. And by body shops do you mean the distributor I get it from?

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Thank you for the info. Do you think you could show some pics of yours? I have a refraction as well. And by body shops do you mean the distributor I get it from?
Really? Body shop means the place you go to get body work and installation done.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Damn man.. these smart Canadians are leaving us in the dust.. with their BlackBerry's and such.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Damn man.. these smart Canadians are leaving us in the dust.. with their BlackBerry's and such.
The Blackberry 8130 was one of the best devices I've ever owned, aside from the weird calendar syncing shit that always duplicated events when you plugged it in. Something about the integration with Outlook.

OP
OP
Supraman91

Supraman91

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Really? Body shop means the place you go to get body work and installation done.
No need to be rude. Don’t see why I would need to pay a body shop to take off the oem front lip then put on the new one. It’s super easy. Was wondering if the clips are easy to put in.

Akashugly

First Name
Akash
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
This is the best fitment I was able to achieve with the help of my local body shop. It was actually much worse and I reached out to Seibon and they sent me a pdf to finesse the fitment which included a bit of trimming to be done to the oem bumper. In one of the photos u will notice the scrap marks where the paint is gone, this happened when I had a bad scrape on a speed braker.

After everything is said and done I love the way the lip looks.

Attachments

OP
OP
Supraman91

Supraman91

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
This is the best fitment I was able to achieve with the help of my local body shop. It was actually much worse and I reached out to Seibon and they sent me a pdf to finesse the fitment which included a bit of trimming to be done to the oem bumper. In one of the photos u will notice the scrap marks where the paint is gone, this happened when I had a bad scrape on a speed braker.

After everything is said and done I love the way the lip looks.
Very much appreciated thank you. Agree the end result looks great, minus the few areas where it doesn’t fit snug.

Mooner

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 1989 Mazda Rx7, BMW X3
No need to be rude. Don’t see why I would need to pay a body shop to take off the oem front lip then put on the new one. It’s super easy. Was wondering if the clips are easy to put in.
How did you lost paint on the bumper by scraping your lip tho?

recnepssirhc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21’ Supra, 05’ Lotus, 08’ Fit, 91’ Miata
It definitely hangs low compared to other lips but as long as you’re careful around steep inclines… it’s not a big deal. I also have Siplo bumper/lip protectors underneath the entire lip to help with scraping.

5038F6EA-B444-461B-93B2-3E8A18F73DFD.jpeg
Sponsored