Anyone running a AWE Touring Resonated Exhaust?

Bread1267

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium Supra (Sold), 2018 F80 M3 Comp
Hello, wondering if anyone in the DMV area is running an AWE Touring exhaust setup and would be willing to meetup so that I could hear what it sounds like in person before I spend $2400.

Also would love to cruise around with anyone if you're down! Thanks.
Sponsored

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
AWE is running a sale on it direct from them it's 1800 before tax and shipping for a touring exhaust unresonated. I have heard it on 392's and can tell you it's the best sounding deepest tone catback for a hemi car due to the H pipe design corsa/borla are raspy IMO. I have a AWE touring resonated on my supra as well I went resonated to cut drone out because my car is catless. You only need the resonated version if you are running aftermarket headers/downpipes stock headers you want un resonated the touring. ZERO drone.

OP
OP
Bread1267

Bread1267

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AWE is running a sale on it direct from them it's 1800 before tax and shipping for a touring exhaust unresonated. I have heard it on 392's and can tell you it's the best sounding deepest tone catback for a hemi car due to the H pipe design corsa/borla are raspy IMO. I have a AWE touring resonated on my supra as well I went resonated to cut drone out because my car is catless. You only need the resonated version if you are running aftermarket headers/downpipes stock headers you want un resonated the touring. ZERO drone.
Where do you see that they are offering the non resonated for 1800? I don't see anything on their website.

Also, I am currently running catless and that's why I am looking to go for the touring non resonated setup. How far are you from the MD area?

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
Where do you see that they are offering the non resonated for 1800? I don't see anything on their website.

Also, I am currently running catless and that's why I am looking to go for the touring non resonated setup. How far are you from the MD area?
Iā€™m in north Jersey 5 minutes before the GW Iā€™m a long ride from you. And yeah if youā€™re catless you want resonated. Itā€™s 2100 cheapest then

Meraki Autoworks

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
AWE is one of your best bang for buck exhausts, won't be disappointed.

We can run you a sale on them for 4th of July.

-Josh

OP
OP
Bread1267

Bread1267

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AWE is one of your best bang for buck exhausts, won't be disappointed.

We can run you a sale on them for 4th of July.

-Josh
What kind of sale we looking at?

EddieNel

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F350
Great response btw. So with a catless down pipe and the resonator there will be no drone at any cruising speeds? Asking for me!

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
What other mods are you running? Iā€™ve been reading about the Pure 800 and Meth with this exhaust and down pipe. Should be a pretty peppy car.
AMS catless dp, AWE touring resonated, dinan intake/inlet, and a custom E50 tune by fabian at pure boost car is pretty fast on E50. No need for meth IMO it's a headache. Never got dyno runs done but similar cars that have the same mods and tune by fabian run a little north of 500 WHP and about 570 WTQ that's on stock turbo.

If you upgrade turbo you'll have to dial back torque on stock transmission or else it will start to slip and an upgraded trans is about 7-8k. I kept stock turbo just because I don't wanna have an upgraded turbo and be unable to use it all due to transmission limitations. I don't wanna shell out the money for that built trans. If I was keeping the car long term I would but im going back to a corvette eventually.

EddieNel

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F350
AMS catless dp, AWE touring resonated, dinan intake/inlet, and a custom E50 tune by fabian at pure boost car is pretty fast on E50. No need for meth IMO it's a headache. Never got dyno runs done but similar cars that have the same mods and tune by fabian run a little north of 500 WHP and about 570 WTQ that's on stock turbo.

If you upgrade turbo you'll have to dial back torque on stock transmission or else it will start to slip and an upgraded trans is about 7-8k. I kept stock turbo just because I don't wanna have an upgraded turbo and be unable to use it all due to transmission limitations. I don't wanna shell out the money for that built trans. If I was keeping the car long term I would but im going back to a corvette eventually.
Thank you for the reply. Thatā€™s what Iā€™m dealing with right now. If I buy this car I want it to check all the boxes. I donā€™t want to get it and wish I had something else. My second choice is a Mercedes GT-S (used of course). Upgraded turbos and a tune will put me at close to 800hp on the GTS but a more expensive car for sure.

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
Thank you for the reply. Thatā€™s what Iā€™m dealing with right now. If I buy this car I want it to check all the boxes. I donā€™t want to get it and wish I had something else. My second choice is a Mercedes GT-S (used of course). Upgraded turbos and a tune will put me at close to 800hp on the GTS but a more expensive car for sure.
I miss having a supercharged V8 personally i enjoy supercharged cars more than turbo cars honestly. And Iā€™m a corvette loyalist so a bit biased. If you want a 700-800HP Supra youā€™re looking at around 20-25k in upgrades turbo kit, cooling, manifold, trans, axels, and tuning. I think these cars built are better than AMGā€™s tho everyone i know that has a tuned AMG regrets it they are unreliable af. Thereā€™s a cost to play if you wanna go fast in any platform.

EddieNel

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F350
I miss having a supercharged V8 personally i enjoy supercharged cars more than turbo cars honestly. And Iā€™m a corvette loyalist so a bit biased. If you want a 700-800HP Supra youā€™re looking at around 20-25k in upgrades turbo kit, cooling, manifold, trans, axels, and tuning. I think these cars built are better than AMGā€™s tho everyone i know that has a tuned AMG regrets it they are unreliable af. Thereā€™s a cost to play if you wanna go fast in any platform.
Thatā€™s not unreasonable considering the GTS used is about $85k. Iā€™m just not sure what route to go. Iā€™ll have to read up on the amg reliability issues when upgraded.

TSmkV

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, 4Runner, RX350
Hello, wondering if anyone in the DMV area is running an AWE Touring exhaust setup and would be willing to meetup so that I could hear what it sounds like in person before I spend $2400.

Also would love to cruise around with anyone if you're down! Thanks.
New to the group and just saw this. I have AWE Res. touring and live in MD. Where are you? I also have lots of mods (~500 Hp) so sound may be a bit different.
Sponsored