Approved Toyota mods

Jambo

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Gr supra 2020.
yo, after a owning one for a few weeks I’m do require a bit more noise out the back! Is there any approved exhaust systems that won’t void my warranty. Cheers in advance
Sponsored

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
yo, after a owning one for a few weeks I’m do require a bit more noise out the back! Is there any approved exhaust systems that won’t void my warranty. Cheers in advance
As long as you leave the stock downpipe and just do a catback, you'll have no warranty issues.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Toyota can do whatever they want you with you in the warranty dept. It’s their discretion. Every dealership is different as well. They can always say the aftermarket exhaust increased your hp/tq and that’s what caused your drive train issues. In the perfect world, Danny would be right. But there is always that dickhead dealership that try to mess you up.

SupraGR21

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra Premium
Note to self, save OEM parts to put back in case of dickhead. ?

I myself want to do a roll cage later on but I do wonder what that will do to my warranty since its extended to 6 years 125k miles.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Note to self, save OEM parts to put back in case of dickhead. ?

I myself want to do a roll cage later on but I do wonder what that will do to my warranty since its extended to 6 years 125k miles.
haha I know bc I worked at one of those dickhead dealerships. Master tech: “it has an air intake, no warranty on it!!! I am going to tell the advisor!!” Lmao ?

Warranty Service pays less than when customer pay out of pocket. Apparently warranty work is already designated the exact hours where when the customer pays, the hours are more. Don’t ask.... Lol

nc_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Pro
Welcome to what seems to be a rare ownership group in the UK!

I had the same issue as you, wanting a bit more sound, but without voiding anything or the extreme expense of a full exhaust system. I ended up having something similar to the “PCW mod” that’s often carried out on BMWs done to my Supra. The thread is here with photos of the backbox cut open and a link to the garage who did it with a video for good measure - https://www.supramkv.com/threads/bmw-style-backbox-mod-first-in-uk.6654/

I‘d recommend it to anyone not wanting to go for a complete system change, and it’s a fairly budget friendly undertaking which costs about £300-400. The most complex part was rewelding the box closed as the metal is very thin.

OP
OP
Jambo

Jambo

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Gr supra 2020.
Cheers guys. I was hoping some firms like trd, and GR to bring something out warranty safe. But I suppose the that’s risk of modding a new car.

Kato

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Tacoma TRD Sport, 2020 GR Supra Phantom
A service advisor once told me that the dealership has to eat the cost of warranty repair if the solution does not fix the problem. For this reason, the first thing they will try to do is to "diagnose" it to be your fault. This way, it's all on you (right or wrong solution), and they don't have to deal with the mfg be it Toyota, Honda or anything else.
The only exception is when the problem is a known issue (prior complaints with defined solution), or something so obvious. But with the complexity of cars these days, those are far and few in between.
Sponsored