Anyone had anything from Toyota?

Discussion in 'UK' started by Ursicles, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Webweasel

Webweasel Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Stefan
    Car(s):
    Celica GT4 ST205, A90 Supra
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    Congratulations!

Gaz_smithy likes this.
  2. Hillstart

Hillstart Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Nick
    Car(s):
    2013 GT86, 2014 Aygo, 2018 CHR, Supra A90 edition
    Liked:
    Test Drive
    had a missed call yesterday, No caller id, 10 minutes later received an email from 'Toyota Demo' if still interested in a test drive an to call or email them, replied to email, unable to call them because no number was given in the email.

Anyone had the same or know what number to ring?

3. scoates

scoates Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    2015 GT86, 2020 Supra A90 Edition
    Liked:
    My dealer has a WhatsApp group for the people ordering the Supra, someone was on the same boat as you and missed the call. The other person said they were given the number 08000721511 in a confirmation email if they needed to change their booking at all, and apparently the other person got it booked from there. Might be worth a try?

4. Hillstart

First Name:
    Nick
    Car(s):
    Liked:
    Just been given same number by dealer, Its Enterprise, yes the car hire firm, who are organising the test drives.

There appears to be just one vehicle doing a tour of Lancashire, currently in Blackpool, next stop Preston this weekend, then Blackburn, Bury & Bolton etc., test drive booked for although will probably have already collected own vehicle if it goes to schedule.

5. E4EVL

E4EVL Active Member

First Name:
    Mark
    Car(s):
    AMG GTS - sold awaiting a replacement
    Liked:
    Well that’s interesting... I’m in Lancashire and not heard a scooby doo

6. Hillstart

First Name:
    Nick
    Car(s):
    Liked:
    Try ringing, Enterprise on 08000721511, I spoke to Seb on Toyota desk, they have a list of names of those who have ordered/shown an interest in the supra to see when the demo vehicle is at your nominated dealer to book a test drive.

7. a90_tay

a90_tay Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    E92 M3, MKIV TT6, A90 Edition on Order
    Liked:
    was about to take an insurance policy out with toyota today until they told me they don't cover PPF

Must be the only company who doesn't cover that

8. OP
    OP
    Ursicles

Ursicles Well-Known Member

First Name:
    RC
    Car(s):
    Aston Martin V8 Vantage S, Skoda Vrs 245
    Liked:
    Starting to appear on autotrader at list price of anyone is looking for one asap.

9. Hillstart

First Name:
    Nick
    Car(s):
    Liked:
    What’s your verdict after a week of ownership?

10. Webweasel

Webweasel Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Stefan
    Car(s):
    Celica GT4 ST205, A90 Supra
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    2 feelings:

I love it. However, I have not driven a decent car made after 1999 before this, so I have 20 years catching up to do. It's so fast compared to my GT4, it takes some getting used too. Adaptive cruise control is a dream come true. It feels so quick under full throttle. It cruises in 8th gear at 40mph when commuting. Comfort and sport modes are night and day. Comfort is a dream to drive, sport really kicks in with its auto rev matching. Like any modern car, compared to a 90's its like the car is driving for you. This is a good/bad thing. It feels like driving a computer game (bad) / but it feels like your driving a computer game (good). I have a flappy paddle gearbox! In comfort mode, you just drive and go. In sports mode, you just drive and go, it knows how to respond to your driving. Manual mode is great fun. 20 years of tech is incredible.

I hate it (not really). I never thought I would get to the point in life where I could drop 55k on a car, let alone drive a brand new car. I'm scared to drive it because I don't want to scuff it on bush's on country roads or scratch the wheels trying to park. Learning where the front wheels are in the first few days is frustrating.

I have not encountered any issues with the car except getting supra connect working with my phone.

Really comfortable. This is my new daily driver and I couldn't be happier/prouder of my new car!

Browndog and samoht like this.
  11. frazzle

frazzle New Member

Car(s):
    Waiting for my Supra
    Liked:
    My delivery date was delayed from last week to end of October (no explanation).
    My "supra champion" has been following up on cars that have already arrived but where the order has been cancelled. He has been told that those cars have to go back to Toyota UK, who will allocate them to the next person on the waiting list. And apparently they do actually mean the waiting list, not existing customers who are still waiting for their cars. That means that someone who didn't reserve and pre-order is likely to get a Supra six weeks earlier than some of us who did...

12. OP
    OP
    Ursicles

Ursicles Well-Known Member

First Name:
    RC
    Car(s):
    Aston Martin V8 Vantage S, Skoda Vrs 245
    Liked:
    Toyota have really messed up this launch spectacularly.

frazzle likes this.