Arizona Roads

tg_mkv

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV
Hey ya'll, moving down to Arizona for work (closer to Phoenix/Tucson area) and was wondering how the roads are and if any of you daily your Supras year round. Trying to figure out if I need a second car just in case and any other advice about the area is very much appreciated!
Sponsored

Mock01

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Refraction A91
Iā€™m a few hours north of you in the mountains. I think the roads down south are pretty good, but I also came from Michigan, so Iā€™m used to total crap roads. Lol.

You can daily a Supra in Tucson/Phoenix. Youā€™ll need to be conscious of monsoon rains. Iā€™m not sure how well the tires handle flooding conditions. Up where Iā€™m at, weā€™re usually top 10 for snow in the country. So no daily duty come winter time.

OP
OP

tg_mkv

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV
Iā€™m a few hours north of you in the mountains. I think the roads down south are pretty good, but I also came from Michigan, so Iā€™m used to total crap roads. Lol.

You can daily a Supra in Tucson/Phoenix. Youā€™ll need to be conscious of monsoon rains. Iā€™m not sure how well the tires handle flooding conditions. Up where Iā€™m at, weā€™re usually top 10 for snow in the country. So no daily duty come winter time.
What do you drive (if I may ask) in the meantime when the weather's not great? Looking at potentially getting a cheap 4x4 since I'm worried about the Supra dealing with a lot of water lol

Mock01

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Refraction A91
What do you drive (if I may ask) in the meantime when the weather's not great? Looking at potentially getting a cheap 4x4 since I'm worried about the Supra dealing with a lot of water lol
I have what my fiancĆ© calls an ā€œillnessā€ in that I have too many choices of what to drive. Lol. The Supra is mostly my daily alongside a few motorcycles from March-ish until around November. Then theyā€™ll get parked with the exception of nice days. I have a Ranger right now that Iā€™m going to trade out for a new Ranger Raptor once mine gets built.

You can get away with a 2WD truck or SUV down where youā€™ll be, but if you plan to come up to the mountains or trails during snow/monsoon season (and you might want to - itā€™s 114* in Phoenix today and 88* and rainy up here today šŸ˜‚), get the 4WD. It gets muddy (summer) and icy (winter).

IMG_9635.jpeg

OP
OP

tg_mkv

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV
I have what my fiancĆ© calls an ā€œillnessā€ in that I have too many choices of what to drive. Lol. The Supra is mostly my daily alongside a few motorcycles from March-ish until around November. Then theyā€™ll get parked with the exception of nice days. I have a Ranger right now that Iā€™m going to trade out for a new Ranger Raptor once mine gets built.

You can get away with a 2WD truck or SUV down where youā€™ll be, but if you plan to come up to the mountains or trails during snow/monsoon season (and you might want to - itā€™s 114* in Phoenix today and 88* and rainy up here today šŸ˜‚), get the 4WD. It gets muddy (summer) and icy (winter).

IMG_9635.jpeg
Solid advice! Have you ever been down to the area when it rains? Just trying to gauge if there's a decent chance my car could get flooded and make a timeline on when to grab a second one.

Mock01

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Refraction A91
Solid advice! Have you ever been down to the area when it rains? Just trying to gauge if there's a decent chance my car could get flooded and make a timeline on when to grab a second one.
We got monsoons up here, but Iā€™ve also been down in the valley when it happens. I wouldnā€™t worry so much about your car itself flooding. I was more referring to not being sure how well summer performance tires and a RWD sport car would handle when itā€™s pouring down rain and youā€™re susceptible to hydroplaning. šŸ™‚

OP
OP

tg_mkv

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV
We got monsoons up here, but Iā€™ve also been down in the valley when it happens. I wouldnā€™t worry so much about your car itself flooding. I was more referring to not being sure how well summer performance tires and a RWD sport car would handle when itā€™s pouring down rain and youā€™re susceptible to hydroplaning. šŸ™‚
This is true haha. Guess I'm bringing the all-seasons down with me after all. Thanks a ton for the advice!
Sponsored