Arizona Supra Club

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tungsten 3.0 Premium, 2020 Lexus RC350 FSport
Yeah man, now I'm super disappointed I missed it. Looks like it was an awesome drive. Is anyone going to be at the NASA HPDE event at Wild Horse Pass in March? I just paid for day two and I'm going through all the rules and regs right now.

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I guess that would make it sometime around the end of March? Doesn't matter to me when it is as long as it is on a weekend, I'll be there.

Stupendous

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
I just picked up a 2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium last night! I'm located in the east valley. Time to sell the tS. I have to wait 2 weeks to get my PPF installed so won't be really driving it until then.

I'm out here for day 2 at Wild Horse Pass with a couple of other AZ Mk5s. Great day!
I was there in a 2020 BRZ tS in HPDE3. I've been doing this for just over a year. It's so much fun. Did you do anything to your car to prepare it for the track like different pads or brake fluid?

Last edited:
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I just picked up a 2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium last night! I'm located in the east valley. Time to sell the tS. I have to wait 2 weeks to get my PPF installed so won't be really driving it until then.

I was there in a 2020 BRZ tS in HPDE3. I've been doing this for just over a year. It's so much fun. Did you do anything to your car to prepare it for the track like different pads or brake fluid?
Awesome! The White one right? East Valley here as well, I got mine from Mike at Big Two, where'd find yours? You were really moving that little car around the track, I was impressed how you were keeping up with everyone despite having at least 100 hp disadvantage. When you go back out with the Supra it will be a different story, that thing is ridiculously quick. On Sunday, a Mercedes was taking advantage of the little traffic in group 2 to shake down its car, and I was trying my damnedest to keep up with him around the track. He didn't pull as hard as I thought he would on the front highway straight, it was only like 4 car lengths by the braking zone in 1.

27406307664762.jpeg

You must have seen Todd in the Black Supra with red accents who was in DE3 the first day but moved up to 4 on Sunday, he knows how to drive, that guy.

I was disappointed DE3 was so busy, as that weekend was my first with NASA and the instructor signed me for 3 on Saturday. There wasn't enough space so I got stuck in 2 all day instead. There were only 12 cars in 2 though so I had way less traffic, even though I was lapping everyone 2-3 times per session.

For prep, all I did was drop the tire pressure to 30 psi all around like I've seen suggested on the forum here but I've since realized I would have probably been better running the factory recommended pressures on the PSSs. I was impressed with how good the Michelins were. Never really had any trouble with fade or anything with the brakes and I was late breaking turns 11, 1, and the carousel all day. I think because it was such a short track and I was only really breaking for 5 corners it never got the chance to get hot enough on me, but Todd had mentioned he had a soft pedal at the end of one of his runs.

Unless there is a miracle, I won't be at Inde in April, but I'll likely be back for WHP in May again. Think you'll make that one? Qingqing in the yellow Supra was saying most likely and I think Todd was saying he planned to as well.

Stupendous

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Awesome! The White one right? East Valley here as well, I got mine from Mike at Big Two, where'd find yours? You were really moving that little car around the track, I was impressed how you were keeping up with everyone despite having at least 100 hp disadvantage. When you go back out with the Supra it will be a different story, that thing is ridiculously quick.
Yep, the white one. Thank you! I just moved to HPDE3. I got it at Right Toyota. The tS is so fun to drive but then frustrating when you want to pass, the gas pedal is on the floor, and nothing happens ?. I guess I had enough of that and went Supra shopping this week to see if I could find something.

On Sunday, a Mercedes was taking advantage of the little traffic in group 2 to shake down its car, and I was trying my damnedest to keep up with him around the track. He didn't pull as hard as I thought he would on the front highway straight, it was only like 4 car lengths by the braking zone in 1.
The Mercedes looked like it should have been race group only. I was confused to see it in HPDE.

You must have seen Todd in the Black Supra with red accents who was in DE3 the first day but moved up to 4 on Sunday, he knows how to drive, that guy.

I was disappointed DE3 was so busy, as that weekend was my first with NASA and the instructor signed me for 3 on Saturday. There wasn't enough space so I got stuck in 2 all day instead. There were only 12 cars in 2 though so I had way less traffic, even though I was lapping everyone 2-3 times per session.

For prep, all I did was drop the tire pressure to 30 psi all around like I've seen suggested on the forum here but I've since realized I would have probably been better running the factory recommended pressures on the PSSs. I was impressed with how good the Michelins were. Never really had any trouble with fade or anything with the brakes and I was late breaking turns 11, 1, and the carousel all day. I think because it was such a short track and I was only really breaking for 5 corners it never got the chance to get hot enough on me, but Todd had mentioned he had a soft pedal at the end of one of his runs.

Unless there is a miracle, I won't be at Inde in April, but I'll likely be back for WHP in May again. Think you'll make that one? Qingqing in the yellow Supra was saying most likely and I think Todd was saying he planned to as well.
I did rotors, pads, and fluid per Ravi at WDL recommendation on my tS. I have had 0 issues. Might talk to him about my Supra.

I will be going to Inde. I already have a hotel. I'll most likely be taking my tS until I can get some local track time and I am confident I won't see any brake fade.

WHP in May will probably be my last event until October because of the heat. I really don't want to wait until the fall to try my Supra on the track.

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Congrats on the Supra, you'll love it. I'm super jealous, I'd kill to be able to get to Inde next month. I'm not going to be hitting the track until I do at minimum pads and fluid but I want to be doing all the brake work myself so I'm waiting for the tax return to get a set of quickjacks. I just won't be able to swing Inde with work and the wife.

The Mercedes driver got in trouble the first couple of DE2 downloads for aggressive over takes and then straight up no showed the last one. Jim and Jason were understandably pretty upset about it, apparently they were going to have a chat with him later.

Funny you should mention it, just heard back from Mel at WDL and she said they don't have any plans in the near future to produce pads for the A90 Supra. I was pretty bummed to hear that after Dave Riddle raved about them to me and I found out it'd only be $200 for the car, versus CGS $1000 or whatever. Still on the market for rotors and I'll likely run the LiquiMoly 5.1 brake fluid. If you do end up talking to Ravi about the Supra can you let me know what he recommends?

I had an FRS a couple years ago so I totally understand the frustration with the go pedal. The Supra in comparison is a freaking rocket ship and man is it fun to power through the corners.

Stupendous

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Congrats on the Supra, you'll love it. I'm super jealous, I'd kill to be able to get to Inde next month. I'm not going to be hitting the track until I do at minimum pads and fluid but I want to be doing all the brake work myself so I'm waiting for the tax return to get a set of quickjacks. I just won't be able to swing Inde with work and the wife.

The Mercedes driver got in trouble the first couple of DE2 downloads for aggressive over takes and then straight up no showed the last one. Jim and Jason were understandably pretty upset about it, apparently they were going to have a chat with him later.

Funny you should mention it, just heard back from Mel at WDL and she said they don't have any plans in the near future to produce pads for the A90 Supra. I was pretty bummed to hear that after Dave Riddle raved about them to me and I found out it'd only be $200 for the car, versus CGS $1000 or whatever. Still on the market for rotors and I'll likely run the LiquiMoly 5.1 brake fluid. If you do end up talking to Ravi about the Supra can you let me know what he recommends?

I had an FRS a couple years ago so I totally understand the frustration with the go pedal. The Supra in comparison is a freaking rocket ship and man is it fun to power through the corners.
I saw the video on the FB NASA AZ group about that driver passing 3 wide.

I'm going to call WDL tomorrow and see if Ravi is around to answer questions. I know he's been out.

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Oh man, I just saw that video. That could have been one of a couple instances. There was another occasion where there was 3 cars traffic in front of the Mercedes and that slowed him up enough for me to catch him. We were a train of 5 going into 11. As soon as he hit the front straight he got one wave by from the first car and then blasted past the other 2 as well and I'm not sure they even saw him coming. I passed the first car that gave us both a wave but then tucked in behind the other 2 because they never acknowledged us at all. I get that it can be frustrating not to get a wave by, but the dude was in a full decked out race car running group 2. The worst part was that he did the 3 wide move in the last session and then skipped the download, so they never even had a chance to talk to him about it. They were clearly pretty pissed off.

PhantomGR

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra Phantom Grey 3.0
Hey All! Just picked up a 21 in Phantom Grey a few weeks ago and am located out in East Mesa in Phoenix. Wrap shop just finished doing a full body PPF so now I can enjoy driving this beautiful car. Looking forward to joining some meetups/drives with this crew!

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Congrats on the Phantom, getting it wrapped will save you a lot of paint maintenance with that color. Love the look of it though. I'm out in East Mesa as well. Hopefully, I'll see you around sometime. I'm keen on a meetup soon as well, seems like AZ's been a bit quiet on that front lately.

Ivan27

First Name
Constantine
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2018 4Runner Limited
Well, I'm up north of Prescott, anyone around this area? Got my 2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 premium 4/2/21.
Sponsored