First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Many on this forum have admitted to noticing a power loss when things get heat soaked but opt for the sound over performance. The data isn't real world by any means. It's on a dyno with the hood open and a fan blowing on it, of course you will see gains under those conditions.
Lap times and time slips tell the tale on how power robbing the aftermarket open filter intakes can be.
I completely understand, but you can log and compare timing, boost, and IAT with stock vs. aftermarket.

Saying it's sluggish, while it might be true, needs data to become actual proof.
Sponsored

Shelby Miles

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR Premium & 2019 Shelby GT350R
I completely understand, but you can log and compare timing, boost, and IAT with stock vs. aftermarket.

Saying it's sluggish, while it might be true, needs data to become actual proof.
I'm not willing to waste my money on what's pretty obvious in the community. Ask the track guys what they use?
The companies that post gains do so under optimum conditions, not real world like living in Tx and hammering around a track. Is there a company that offers an intake that has done track logging to back up their products heat soak efficiency?
I mean this with no disrespect, but buyers should have all the knowledge and facts before making any purchase.

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ 3.0 Base
Awh man I hope not, I just ordered it a few days ago 😂
Same and I installed it today. Absolutely awful fitment compared to the MST. I might just go back to the MST and see if I can return mine. The carbon intake pipe must be off or something, doesn’t sit down in the grommets or allow the lid to fit. It’s junk sadly

OP
OP
#100RenaissanceRed

#100RenaissanceRed

First Name
Kal
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Launch Edition
Same and I installed it today. Absolutely awful fitment compared to the MST. I might just go back to the MST and see if I can return mine. The carbon intake pipe must be off or something, doesn’t sit down in the grommets or allow the lid to fit. It’s junk sadly
That's super weird, all of the install videos I've seen have good fitment? Do you have a 2 port or 6?

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ 3.0 Base
That's super weird, all of the install videos I've seen have good fitment? Do you have a 2 port or 6?
23’ AT - I’ve seen a few videos and one the guy mentioned how well his MST fit and the arma was questionable

D K

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 TG
I have the CTS and really like it. Easy to install, huge washable velocity stack filter, and fun turbo noises.

I also bought the MST turbo inlet so you don't have to reuse the stock one. It connects to the CTS intake piping and fits like a glove.

By the way, I broke the clip on the breather hose. I just shoved the hose on the port and zip tied it. I'm not sure what could go wrong with a broken clip on an intake breather hose.

Happy to be corrected :p

OP
OP
#100RenaissanceRed

#100RenaissanceRed

First Name
Kal
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Launch Edition
I have the CTS and really like it. Easy to install, huge washable velocity stack filter, and fun turbo noises.

I also bought the MST turbo inlet so you don't have to reuse the stock one. It connects to the CTS intake piping and fits like a glove.

By the way, I broke the clip on the breather hose. I just shoved the hose on the port and zip tied it. I'm not sure what could go wrong with a broken clip on an intake breather hose.

Happy to be corrected :p
Man I got all these replies after I ordered ARMASPEED LOL
As far as your breather hose, I'd imagine if there's a leak you may run lean/lose boost pressure? This is my first FI car so I don't know lol.
Good luck though 😂🫡
Sponsored