Armytrix catless w/cel simulator or AA catted downpipe?

SupraTimo

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra GR
I also have the Armytrix catless and the @Boostlogic valved exhaust. It sounds magnificent.
I changed my AMS catted DP which still sounded great but I wanted a little more growl.
No CEL with either one
Sponsored

tub54500

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 MT
i have armytrix catless with hks dual exhaust. sounds good to me and it doesnt smell unless im standing behind the car or at a stop light for too long

ope_sry

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 3.0 premium
Do you have any sound clips of this setup? Sounds wild and fun
As requested here are some videos for you. I had to compress them to upload, hope sound quality is still ok.

Mods affecting sound:

-Armytrix catless DP
-Boost Logic non-valved titanium exhaust
-MST V2 intake with cover off
-CTS turbo inlet (maybe?)
-VRP titanium charge pipe/J pipe (maybe?)
-JB4 map 6, E40, meth, ~24psi
-The crispest Minnesota air

edited to upload correct video

Jofro6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti Q50, 2023 Supra 6MT
As requested here are some videos for you. I had to compress them to upload, hope sound quality is still ok.

Mods affecting sound:

-Armytrix catless DP
-Boost Logic non-valved titanium exhaust
-MST V2 intake with cover off
-CTS turbo inlet (maybe?)
-VRP titanium charge pipe/J pipe (maybe?)
-JB4 map 6, E40, meth, ~24psi
-The crispest Minnesota air

edited to upload correct video

Wow that sounds amazing. Thanks for putting those videos together.

JoshuaQ

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Some people want to go full send without sounding like call the cops nasty all the time is the reason why they go catted or sell their boost logic exhaust.
This is it! Mine is catless (Still considering AA so hit me with them BF deals @NitroYellowMKV and @Meraki Autoworks ) and I love the sound a ton, but it's soooo freaking loud! Cold start may as well be an f16 prepping for launch, it's so loud!
Made my baby cry accelerating away from the wife at a light (Passenger window open and baby is behind mom). They know when I'm almost home because they can hear me a ways out.

It sounds like I'm ripping a hole in the space time continuum when I'm WOT and or Cold Start.

I would like to go catted to see which I prefer and which sounds better. I've been planning to go catted since buying a catless years ago. AA was always the choice for catted.

Jofro6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I run AA catted, I have been debating swapping into an armytrix catless but both my local clients with 23's running catless have been having tons of overboost and throttle closure issues so getting nervous that 23's are not liking being catless on the stock tune. Because I've done countless 20-22 with with basically no issues. My car is currently with Active Autowerke testing some new Dp's so lets see what happens. But have some great BF deals for AA catted dp's this week.

Thinking of this do but I have a 23. The guys you know that run this in their '23s ever get it sorted out? Are they auto or manual, not that should make a difference.

Also, anything you can let slide about the new AA DPs that would make it worth waiting that out possibly lol

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Thinking of this do but I have a 23. The guys you know that run this in their '23s ever get it sorted out? Are they auto or manual, not that should make a difference.

Also, anything you can let slide about the new AA DPs that would make it worth waiting that out possibly lol
not much, other than so far no cel in 300 or so miles, and car feels maybe a tad bit quicker but it could be better flowing exhaust, which so far has been getting pretty awesome, def an under rated system, I had doubts hearing the few videos, but its pretty damn good... will have videos soon.

Jofro6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
not much, other than so far no cel in 300 or so miles, and car feels maybe a tad bit quicker but it could be better flowing exhaust, which so far has been getting pretty awesome, def an under rated system, I had doubts hearing the few videos, but its pretty damn good... will have videos soon.
So it's catless that you are testing? Very nice. I am definitely leaning towards carless but have to worry about the CEL in NY.

Guessing the guys you know with the Armytrix are still over boosting then?

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
So it's catless that you are testing? Very nice. I am definitely leaning towards carless but have to worry about the CEL in NY.

nope it is still catted!

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT

sound clip, still not broken in, this was at 50 miles, so should get about 15% throatier/ louder once that downpipe breaks in. Overall very very happy, will have more videos soon. Still have not driven it much on the highway and in other scenarios.

Mk5phtm

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota GR Supra Phantom
I have the AA catted also and like @NitroYellowMKV mine isn’t completely broken in yet either and it already sounds amazing. Also no cel so far

Jofro6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

sound clip, still not broken in, this was at 50 miles, so should get about 15% throatier/ louder once that downpipe breaks in. Overall very very happy, will have more videos soon. Still have not driven it much on the highway and in other scenarios.
Sounds great. Definitely like the deeper growl. You mentioned testing a new DP with them. Do you know how this one differs from the catted one they have out now that so many people run?

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Sounds great. Definitely like the deeper growl. You mentioned testing a new DP with them. Do you know how this one differs from the catted one they have out now that so many people run?
on a sound/ performance level, pretty much identical, its just the physical cat inside that changed but still a 400 cell.

Lonestar_Nomad

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘23 GR Supra Premium MT
I run AA catted, I have been debating swapping into an armytrix catless but both my local clients with 23's running catless have been having tons of overboost and throttle closure issues
Any additional information on this? Is this specifically an issue with the Armytrix or catless on the 23MT’s in general? Not really keen on spending the extra for an AA since I plan to unlock eventually down the road.
Sponsored

Last edited: