Armytrix catless w/cel simulator or AA catted downpipe?

Turcktech

First Name
Esat
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 supra
Hey folks,
I own a 2023 manual supra. Because ecu is locked, I am only looking nice sound vehicle until they figure out the ecu option.
I installed awe nonresonated touring exhaust. My next mod will be mst intake and a dp.
I tried looking previous replies for this but no luck. I am in between Armytrx catless with cat simulator or aa catted dp. They both not supposed to give cel. There is like $500 difference between two.
opinions appreciated if anyone using and having cel issue with the armytrix catless w/cat simulator dp.
or if you have other set up you like!
Thanks for your input.
Sponsored

dn00

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK7 GTI, A90
AA catted if you drive other people and don't want them to hold their breath the entire ride. Catless if you're going racecar. Can't go wrong with either.

Sub-MkV

First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium Renaissance Red
I've been on my Armytrix for almost two years and never have a major problem with smell. No CEL at all

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
Catless only smells in the car if you're at a light for a while, in reverse, or wind blowing to the front of the car.

It's not like it's going to have your eyes watering in a few seconds. That being said, other cars around you won't love it šŸ˜‚

Scoopra

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 premium
Catless only smells in the car if you're at a light for a while, in reverse, or wind blowing to the front of the car.

It's not like it's going to have your eyes watering in a few seconds. That being said, other cars around you won't love it šŸ˜‚
Some of the guys here act like removing the cat is the same as burning trash in your passenger seat. I drove my WRX daily for ten years with no cats. Never bothered me.

ope_sry

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 3.0 premium
Armytrix catless installed for a year with boost logic exhaust, sounds incredible, never had a cel or any issues. Personal preference- but I would never install a catted dp unless required for emissions, pretty limp mod imho.

ky.supra

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
I got the cerakoted armytrix catless dp w/ cat simulator, almost 2 years with it and over 25,XXX miles on it. I'm still on stock tune with no issues. It would be best if you also considered the Kenji garage catless downpipe w/ cat simulator - no issues with it from some people that use it.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
I run AA catted, I have been debating swapping into an armytrix catless but both my local clients with 23's running catless have been having tons of overboost and throttle closure issues so getting nervous that 23's are not liking being catless on the stock tune. Because I've done countless 20-22 with with basically no issues. My car is currently with Active Autowerke testing some new Dp's so lets see what happens. But have some great BF deals for AA catted dp's this week.

Jofro6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti Q50, 2023 Supra 6MT
Armytrix catless installed for a year with boost logic exhaust, sounds incredible, never had a cel or any issues. Personal preference- but I would never install a catted dp unless required for emissions, pretty limp mod imho.
Do you have any sound clips of this setup? Sounds wild and fun

ope_sry

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 3.0 premium
Do you have any sound clips of this setup? Sounds wild and fun
Iā€™ll take some tomorrow and post. Itā€™s absolutely wild and fun. I could only afford the non-valved boost logic at the time, so Iā€™m open exhaust full time. Itā€™s truly not bad though, all passengers to date have complimented the sound with no exceptions. I respect variance in taste, but if this setup is too loud for somebody under normal driving conditions, Iā€™m going to judge them to be pretty soft. In 8th gear itā€™s a pretty low and mellow tone that has never bothered me. I commute 70 miles a day in it. But when I start shoveling the coal it sounds as fast as I wish it was, and the downshifts in sport mode are wicked. Car wonā€™t let me downshift into 1st or 2nd gear above a certain rpm, but still pretty aggressive pops and burbles if and when I want them. I can, however, downshift into 3rd to make rpmā€™s hit 6,000 on decel and itā€™s nasty, like somebody call the cops nasty.

And fwiw I had the armytrix catless on oem exhaust first and I really loved it, closing the factory exhaust valves made it sooooo tame, which is the reason I donā€™t understand people ever wanting catted dpā€™s. To each their own!

dn00

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK7 GTI, A90
Iā€™ll take some tomorrow and post. Itā€™s absolutely wild and fun. I could only afford the non-valved boost logic at the time, so Iā€™m open exhaust full time. Itā€™s truly not bad though, all passengers to date have complimented the sound with no exceptions. I respect variance in taste, but if this setup is too loud for somebody under normal driving conditions, Iā€™m going to judge them to be pretty soft. In 8th gear itā€™s a pretty low and mellow tone that has never bothered me. I commute 70 miles a day in it. But when I start shoveling the coal it sounds as fast as I wish it was, and the downshifts in sport mode are wicked. Car wonā€™t let me downshift into 1st or 2nd gear above a certain rpm, but still pretty aggressive pops and burbles if and when I want them. I can, however, downshift into 3rd to make rpmā€™s hit 6,000 on decel and itā€™s nasty, like somebody call the cops nasty.

And fwiw I had the armytrix catless on oem exhaust first and I really loved it, closing the factory exhaust valves made it sooooo tame, which is the reason I donā€™t understand people ever wanting catted dpā€™s. To each their own!
Some people want to go full send without sounding like call the cops nasty all the time is the reason why they go catted or sell their boost logic exhaust.

ope_sry

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 3.0 premium
Some people want to go full send without sounding like call the cops nasty all the time is the reason why they go catted or sell their boost logic exhaust.
Thatā€™s a good point that I didnā€™t consider. I guess while full sending Iā€™ve never had a fear of being too loud; out of the various legalities being abused in that moment, the sound Iā€™m creating is pretty low on the list. Just want to clarify the obscene downshifts are an intentional thing though, Iā€™m not stuck driving this unbearable noise factory all the time. Cops here are lax anyways and Iā€™ve never been pulled over for noise in my life, understandably that could be very different elsewhere. Regardless, somebody in the group will always be recklessly loud and betray your location haha.

But now Iā€™m just imagining roving packs of supras, all catted, mufflers present. They tear up the streets under cover of darkness- silent as a whisper, not even their tires squeal as they blow through your town, alerting nobody.

i3igpete

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0L 8AT
tear up the streets under cover of darkness- silent as a whisper
this is the best part about electric cars. i had a nissan leaf for a few years and i would floor it from every red light and stop sign. i was invisible to the cops.
Sponsored