Is Armytrix catless downpipe’s quality has gone bad?

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
I don't recall anyone EVER giving a guarantee of no CEL, as it's impossible to do such a thing with a simulator. It's just that they earned a reputation for being one of two on the market which people had fantastic luck with.

I agree the price was steep, but they obviously found tons of people willing to pay it, and as the saying goes, "if people aren't complaining a little, you're not charging enough."
Sponsored

superman1017316

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra
I have had the armytrix high flow with cel simulator with a jb4 it had thrown a cel after about 200 miles I deleted it through jb4 and it hasn’t come back after 300 more miles.. will let you know if it comes back.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
To my recollection they never claimed to promise no CEL though.

Normally vendors just take the product off shelves if not on par.
I don't recall anyone EVER giving a guarantee of no CEL, as it's impossible to do such a thing with a simulator. It's just that they earned a reputation for being one of two on the market which people had fantastic luck with.

I agree the price was steep, but they obviously found tons of people willing to pay it, and as the saying goes, "if people aren't complaining a little, you're not charging enough."
Armytrix never gave any guarantee, but a lot of people do not know that. they see posts from happy customers about the no CEL and they think thats a guarantee. when in fact it's not. it's not Armytrix's fault.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
Armytrix never gave any guarantee, but a lot of people do not know that. they see posts from happy customers about the no CEL and they think thats a guarantee. when in fact it's not. it's not Armytrix's fault.
Tough titty. Ignorance is indefensible, and I bet these are the same people who flat-out refuse to understand what the word 'warranty' means as well.

JR Supra

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 toyota GR supra 3.0 premium
I have the catless Armytrix Dp have had it on for like 22k miles no CEL for me and im tuned on jb4.

Syeeee

First Name
Sye
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR 3.0 Premium
Just installed mine. Bliss.

Sub-MkV

First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium Renaissance Red
I have had the armytrix high flow with cel simulator with a jb4 it had thrown a cel after about 200 miles I deleted it through jb4 and it hasn’t come back after 300 more miles.. will let you know if it comes back.

Are you sure the CEL pertained to the downpipe? What was the code? Some times the code is because of the piggyback causing a lean condition.

Guppy3.0

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra, 2010 Sequoia, 1994 MR2
If you ask Vivid Racing, they will always advocate for army trix as they're the main north American supplier for the DP's. I bought one, but am still waiting for my car to arrive any day now then I can give you feedback. Welds *look* fine to me as the penetration is apparent at the flanges. But only time will tell.

1Tyrant1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 MT Supra, '20 TM3, '17 Armada, '14 FRS (sold)
MT owner here. Have had the armytrix dp on for roughly 5k miles and no issues/CELs. I am also running JB+ at 3pm position. No throttle closures at stock tune, but sometimes I get throttle closures due to JB+. I am planning on tuning to MHD+ in a few weeks.

Syeeee

First Name
Sye
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MT owner here. Have had the armytrix dp on for roughly 5k miles and no issues/CELs. I am also running JB+ at 3pm position. No throttle closures at stock tune, but sometimes I get throttle closures due to JB+. I am planning on tuning to MHD+ in a few weeks.
Throttle closure due to being MT? I know MT's run into some trouble with catless and jb.

Last edited:

Syeeee

First Name
Sye
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If you ask Vivid Racing, they will always advocate for army trix as they're the main north American supplier for the DP's. I bought one, but am still waiting for my car to arrive any day now then I can give you feedback. Welds *look* fine to me as the penetration is apparent at the flanges. But only time will tell.
The welds look great and condition of the dp looks upto par as advertised.

Go back on a90 shop review and they deleted all the good reviews and posted some negatives ones as well lol. Still sour.

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
Throttle closure due to being MT? I know MT's run into some trouble with catless and jb.
Yeah catless + JBplus did not work for me at all. JB4 can be done though with custom firmware on MT.

ky.supra

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
35k miles, No cel, cerakoted version

edit: also bought from a90shop

B94C6636-E5A0-43B7-BE14-C134CDC4023D.png

Last edited:

Sharocks

First Name
Sha
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 A91 MT, 04 M3, 05 M3, 00 M5, 00 Z3M, 04 X5 6MT
So going catless DP with no tune aka factory tune on a MT car was better than the JB4?

Trying to make sense of this and I had no idea MT folks were running into these issues.

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
So going catless DP with no tune aka factory tune on a MT car was better than the JB4?

Trying to make sense of this and I had no idea MT folks were running into these issues.
No, going catless on MT causes a lot of throttle closures even on stock tune, but it still feels normal and smooth. When you add a piggyback in the mix, it is a mess.

you need a JB4 with EWG control and custom firmware to resolve it (or unlock+flash obv). My catless MT runs just fine on JB4 now. Not quite as potent as the equivalent AT, but its much stronger than stock.

Here is a log of Map 0 (which is JB4 off/stock) on catless MT- pretty substantial throttle closure (orange line). 10-12 psi of boost.
Screenshot_20240229-143356_JB4 Mobile.jpg

Here is with the JB4 on, and the DP is tuned for. 16-18 psi boost
Screenshot_20240327-084721_Gallery.jpg
Sponsored