Is pure really that bad?

Uwatm8

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura RDX, CLS63 AMG
Been seeing seeing a lot about pure having leaky seals and being overall shit.

makes me kinda sad as I have a p850 on my car, but now I’m worried it’s gonna seize or blow up or something :/

really don’t wanna go top Mount, not a fan of placement as My vented hood has the real chance of dropping water right on the top Mount. (And by dropping water I mean when I wash it, or heavy rain)
Sponsored

OP
OP

Uwatm8

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura RDX, CLS63 AMG
Why would water be a problem?

And you'll know if/when it goes. It also seems P850s have a better center bearing housing.
wouldn’t getting water on/in the turbo be bad for it?

im not well versed in all this Lmao.

Supra Jr.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 supra
Why would water be a problem?

And you'll know if/when it goes. It also seems P850s have a better center bearing housing.
Hey Zrk are pures really that bad?? Was thinking about running it on just 93 and quite a few people have them with a good amount of miles with no problems, and if they do go do you lose the engine or just have to replace again??

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Hey Zrk are pures really that bad?? Was thinking about running it on just 93 and quite a few people have them with a good amount of miles with no problems, and if they do go do you lose the engine or just have to replace again??
Yes, they're pretty bad.

Some are fine, some burn up. Chinese CHRAs.

As far as the engine goes... it depends on what happens. If the turbo implodes you could get some shrapnel in the engine. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Supra Jr.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 supra
Yes, they're pretty bad.

As far as the engine goes... it depends on what happens. If the turbo implodes you could get some shrapnel in the engine. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
So someone like me who only wants to stay on 93 and in the $2500 range of the Pure what is out there?? And is it really worth it to upgrade a turbo and only run 93 and no meth??

MYA90SUPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra premium
Yes, they're pretty bad.

I have not had the intake manifold off yet. Could pieces really go through our aftercooler and get into the engine if you shut down right away?

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2016 VW Tiguan, 2007 Cayman
Take it from someone who's been through a turbo failure or two, it's your oil you need to be worrying about not debris entering the intake system. Any fragments from your center housing that make their way into your oil system is bad news for your engine.

MYA90SUPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra premium
Take it from someone who's been through a turbo failure or two, it's your oil you need to be worrying about not debris entering the intake system. Any fragments from your center housing that make their way into your oil system is bad news for your engine.
That is a good point. I was just shocked that something could actually go through the aftercooler. Must be pretty cheap if stuff can get through it.
Sponsored