First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
It's always reassuring to see brands testing their kits before release, ensuring they can prove their claims and prevent any quality issues after launch.

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Tungsten Supra 3.0 Premium
I dont think this turbo will have the oil issues of the past with a whole new housing and manifold which have done really well on the Gen 1s.

Also for those comparing power level of other turbos vs pure850s I dont think that makes much sense considering pure 850s have gone high 8s for 2 years and have had 100s of people go bottom 9s. If it wasnt for the quality of the 800s and 850s I dont think there was be another turbo still in question on which is better.

OP
OP
D3ad_Hand

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra / 2019 Y61 Nissan Patrol
I dont think this turbo will have the oil issues of the past with a whole new housing and manifold which have done really well on the Gen 1s.

Also for those comparing power level of other turbos vs pure850s I dont think that makes much sense considering pure 850s have gone high 8s for 2 years and have had 100s of people go bottom 9s. If it wasnt for the quality of the 800s and 850s I dont think there was be another turbo still in question on which is better.
Well one way to find out. Just gonna have to wait and see how good this turbo will be.

B58_blake

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra

How you compare the pure 800/850 to the Ultra flow R ?

NZ-Supra

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A90 Supra 2020 BMW M340i Xdrive

Never came across it, what quality issues did the pure 800 and 850 have?

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Tungsten Supra 3.0 Premium
How you compare the pure 800/850 to the Ultra flow R ?
Very comparable. Imo DAWs don't have the quality issues pure did. Pures seemed to have seal failures quite often. For the most part I don't think it's much of an issue anymore, but I've stopped selling them due to that.

B58_blake

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Very comparable. Imo DAWs don't have the quality issues pure did. Pures seemed to have seal failures quite often. For the most part I don't think it's much of an issue anymore, but I've stopped selling them due to that.
That’s good to know. I bought an ultra Flow R off you a few months back. Loving it so far.
Sponsored