OP
JRedMKV

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Part of what your risking is the labor. Are you doing the install -- and the possible uninstall/reinstall? If your paying for it or you don't enjoy the effort then that's part of the risk equation. I've read enough stories on this forum of hybrid turbos blowing white smoke it'd make me nervous.
Yep this is definitely part of the equation. That’s also why I like the idea of a Pure 800 if it’s a true drop in replacement because I could do it myself. I’ve read the stories also but I’m sure there are plenty more people that have had no issues with them.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
What to do they say? An easy job is one stripped bolt from a fuck fest? haha.. I forget the exact wording. Your point is taken.
haha, fair enough.
everytwentyminutes_600x600.png

Living and wrenching in The Rust Belt, this is more true than not, and it's been BS for decades that the official labor guide quotes/pays the same hours per job in The Rust Belt as it does in a place like Phoenix. Up here, you gotta spend the first half hour of a one-hour alignment job with a torch, just praying that things actually come loose. Torches are used all day, every day, and you go through the oxy-acetylene tanks like water.

mkvB58KING

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
My man drives a supra and thinks a $1500 turbo upgrade is pricey lol

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
I would not get a used turbo; it's a lengthy and costly install. You won't know if anything is wrong until you have done it and used it for some time. If it's bad, it's a total loss, and you must pay for the uninstall.

Used parts are a better option for simpler and cheaper mods that don't require long installation times

OP
OP
JRedMKV

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I would not get a used turbo; it's a lengthy and costly install. You won't know if anything is wrong until you have done it and used it for some time. If it's bad, it's a total loss, and you must pay for the uninstall.

Used parts are a better option for simpler and cheaper mods that don't require long installation times
Even if it were rebuilt by Pure before installation?

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Even if it were rebuilt by Pure before installation?
If it was rebuilt by Pure and not installed after, then you should be good.
Sponsored