Targa Top: do you think it’s coming and would you buy one?

Do you think Toyota is going to make a targa version? Would you buy one?

• Total voters

kanaka

First Name
Jamison
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1998 JZA80
I think they will make one in the future. I will most likely not buy it but did have a special love to the MK4 Targas

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
The real question is how much would it cost to have a shop do it aftermarket...if only they could get the blueprints/measurements from that SEMA targa car Toyota did

SupraNews

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 XSE Hatch, 22 3.0 Prem, Chevy Z06(waiting list)
The real question is how much would it cost to have a shop do it aftermarket...if only they could get the blueprints/measurements from that SEMA targa car Toyota did
A lot

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
And make it street legal? More than you can afford, pal.

The roof is structural.

AngelsofVerdun

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
N/A
I really want a manual car of some sort, but I've already invested a lot into my current Supra (ceramic coating, performance mods, tunes). I would take a huge loss of money, just to get in a manual Supra.

I know; I know: sunken cost fallacy....

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
I really want a manual car of some sort, but I've already invested a lot into my current Supra (ceramic coating, performance mods, tunes). I would take a huge loss of money, just to get in a manual Supra.

I know; I know: sunken cost fallacy....
Mods would most likely be able to be carried over

AngelsofVerdun

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
N/A
Mods would most likely be able to be carried over
Well, I kind of got rid of the stock exhaust for this current car. =P

To be honest, I like this MBRP exhaust , but I would go a different route on a new car anyways.

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Targa= NO
Would i buy= No
S58 happening= hahahaha no. M division is not giving up their halo engine.

wheeliedub

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Premium

Last 2 minutes of the video. Sounds like it’s happening
He posed a question about people wanting it… I hardly consider that indicating anything. If Toyota was the sole creator of the new Supra I’d agree and say it would happen. With their partnership with BMW to produce it, I highly doubt it will happen if it doesn’t happen for the final projected MY. The route BMW is heading with subscriptions might play into the dynamic with Toyota.

spectre

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
981 Boxster GTS, LX570
He posed a question about people wanting it… I hardly consider that indicating anything. If Toyota was the sole creator of the new Supra I’d agree and say it would happen. With their partnership with BMW to produce it, I highly doubt it will happen if it doesn’t happen for the final projected MY. The route BMW is heading with subscriptions might play into the dynamic with Toyota.
Before he posed the audience the question, he was asked point blank by Moto Man, and couldn’t even look him in the eye (watch the entire video for the full context). It’s like when all the journos asked if a manual was ever coming and Toyota staff refused to deny it.

FWIW, this isn’t wishful thinking on my part, as I have no desire for a targa. I just want a fixed roof manual 3.0.

wheeliedub

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Before he posed the audience the question, he was asked point blank by Moto Man, and couldn’t even look him in the eye (watch the entire video for the full context). It’s like when all the journos asked if a manual was ever coming and Toyota staff refused to deny it.

FWIW, this isn’t wishful thinking on my part, as I have no desire for a targa. I just want a fixed roof manual 3.0.
I mean it is suspicious, but his entire job is to gauge market interest and also create hype/product to increase marketability.

I’m just not too sure a targa will actually happen (unless the car is redesigned for safety since the roofs are structural in these cars) because it doesn’t match his earlier statement to change the market to compete and improve their model line up with tech being researched on the GR program.
Sponsored