‘23 Supra A91-MT Burnout

Sharocks

First Name
Sha
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 A91 MT, 04 M3, 05 M3, 00 M5, 00 Z3M, 04 X5 6MT
My car is the development car for this kit.

I sent Ron the stock lever and DSSR to make the kit.

It's being installed this week.

Ron and I have been working together on a few different BMW kits for a while as well, every car in my sig has an Autosolutions SSK.

OP
OP
RyanA90

RyanA90

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
‘23 Supra A91-MT Burnout
My car is the development car for this kit.

I sent Ron the stock lever and DSSR to make the kit.

It's being installed this week.

Ron and I have been working together on a few different BMW kits for a while as well, every car in my sig has an Autosolutions SSK.
Thanks for the update! Can't wait to see it in action!

Sharocks

First Name
Sha
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That price is a joke and the stock shifter doesn’t need anything but a shift knob change to lower the shifter, thus lessening the throw ever so slightly.

I’ve only driven manuals for over 20 years now, and put a short shifter on everything. This Supra? Doesn’t need one. Throw is t even long at all, especially with my RaceEng Stratose
IDK what the video was talking about but this kit doesn't reduce throws.

All 6 kits made are exactly the same with mine having the autocross cartridge as a test.

We specifically designed the kit to retain stock throw length.

The main point of installing this, is to completely eliminate shifter slop which this car will eventually have inherently because it's a BMW product.

Any more questions?

Sharocks

First Name
Sha
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks for the update! Can't wait to see it in action!
Thanks bro, once I can comment on it, I will give feedback to Ron and also post it up here.

It will be a special order item but it's well worth the cost (has been in every BMW I've owned and it's not like I'm new to the brand).

CafeRacerQueen

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniela
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘20 M4 CS, ‘24 GR Supra 45th LE
So for $600 what are you even getting?

Sharocks

First Name
Sha
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
"The main point of installing this, is to completely eliminate shifter slop which this car will eventually have inherently because it's a BMW product."

- Me about 5 minutes ago.

CafeRacerQueen

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniela
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yes, but there’s no slop. So I ask again, for $600 what am I getting as to benefit to change parts on what is by far the tightest gearbox with arguably the shortest throws of any stock shifter I’ve felt in my 20+ years of nearly exclusively driving manual cars?

I want aftermarket parts for the 6MT, but nothing has been offered up yet here.

dreadforge

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nitro MT
Yes, but there’s no slop. So I ask again, for $600 what am I getting as to benefit to change parts on what is by far the tightest gearbox with arguably the shortest throws of any stock shifter I’ve felt in my 20+ years of nearly exclusively driving manual cars?

About the only MT specific aftermarket parts are going to be Clutches, Flywheels and hydraulic throwout bearings, there is also a bushing pin kit for the clutch pedal from clutchmasters. The car is not that much different from the AT outside of the trans. You can get an aftermarket knob from Raceseng.

Sharocks

First Name
Sha
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

There is slop. My car has 2500 miles on it and it's got slop.

If you haven't driven a car with an AS SSK or a 997 GT3 or 05 Ford GT, it's got slop.

It's not bad for a factory effort but there's a ton of rubber in the linkage and with time it will fail.

It's $600 bucks but it's a $60k car. For comparison, a Numeric SSK for a 911 is like $1000 bucks.

And exclusively driving manual cars but buying an M4 CS is a contradiction. They made M4's with sticks. If you got one, you'd understand where I'm coming from.

CafeRacerQueen

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniela
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I am truly sorry that my wife wanted what was also her first automatic and we bought a CS, which she has put 70% of its 29k miles on.

I’ll have her register here as well and apologize to you 🤣

I have put a short throw shifter on literally every manual I’ve ever owned, none cost such an astronomical price either while offering up “throws won’t be any shorter, just more direct, not damped”

$600 for a vague improvement is where I go “so what am I getting?”

Last edited:

Sharocks

First Name
Sha
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I mean facts are facts.

If $600 bucks is astronomical, don't look at the cost for good coilovers, forged wheels, better brakes, actual aero that works, seats that actually hold you in place, a steering wheel that isn't from a base model 328, and most definitely don't look into adding power on this platform.

That ain't gonna go well bruh.

Viper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Viper, TRX, M4
Coolerworx is making a short throw shifter for Supra.. Here is the video i posted of my sons 370z. The throw and play in the 370Z stock was worse compared to supra. Look at the difference!

UYCR

First Name
Ubec
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91-MT
That price is a joke and the stock shifter doesn’t need anything but a shift knob change to lower the shifter, thus lessening the throw ever so slightly.

I’ve only driven manuals for over 20 years now, and put a short shifter on everything. This Supra? Doesn’t need one. Throw is t even long at all, especially with my RaceEng Stratose
I gotta disagree with you. Compared to my previous BRZ, the Supra's shifter has longer throws and you can feel the bushings too much for my liking. Granted throws aren't WRX level long but still can be improved.

@Sharocks will you be tracking yours? Would love to get feedback on how it behaves when put under a more torturous test than daily driving.

Eddy90

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra MT
Coolerworx is making a short throw shifter for Supra.. Here is the video i posted of my sons 370z. The throw and play in the 370Z stock was worse compared to supra. Look at the difference!
This is beautiful.... i can't yell shutupandtakemymoney loud enough :p
Sponsored