Bolt action rifle like shifter/short shifter

Sharocks

First Name
Sha
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 A91 MT, 04 M3, 05 M3, 00 M5, 00 Z3M, 04 X5 6MT
The Autosolutions kit is the development kit that I helped make.

It's being installed currently as a prototype in my car.

I should have it by hopefully tomorrow.

OP
OP
Jmanlevan

Jmanlevan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 MT, '00 4Runner SR5
Best ive ever felt is the MGW short shifter but sadly they only make stuff for american cars.
yeah I reached out to them when I took delivery of my Supra because I had discovered them when I had a S550 Mustang Mach 1 on order. So glad I went with the Supra, wish MGW made a shifter for our platform.

BananaBoi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium MT
I had that acuity shifter on my Honda before this car. It’s ruined all other manual transmissions for me. Hoping there is something close to that going to be made.

CafeRacerQueen

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniela
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘20 M4 CS, ‘24 GR Supra 45th LE
Best ive ever felt is the MGW short shifter but sadly they only make stuff for american cars.
MGW = 🔥

their stuff has been the most impressive shifters I’ve encountered, period.

Sharocks

First Name
Sha
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I had that acuity shifter on my Honda before this car. It’s ruined all other manual transmissions for me. Hoping there is something close to that going to be made.
Without going into chassis mounted shifters, it will not be the same.

The issue with chassis mounted shifters and BMW's in particular, is that they create so much NVH/hold so much of it, that it starts to internally rattle the gearbox apart which is why it's only suggested for track cars.

Bimmerworld did a write up on this with a ZF 5 speed out of an E36 M3. Same principles apply.

The best for a street car will be the AS kit as it makes the pattern tighter and reduces all play in the lever/shifter assembly. Increased effort, and slightly more NVH, but not as drastic as a chassis mounted setup.

For full disclose, I have an AS SSK in all of my BMW's except my E92 M3, that's getting a CAE shifter but it's a gutted track rat.

Sharocks

First Name
Sha
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
yeah I reached out to them when I took delivery of my Supra because I had discovered them when I had a S550 Mustang Mach 1 on order. So glad I went with the Supra, wish MGW made a shifter for our platform.
You can get an MGW shifter to work, you just have to swap in a TR6060 first LOL

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91-MT
MGW = 🔥

their stuff has been the most impressive shifters I’ve encountered, period.
Forget shifters, it's some of the most impressive (for the money) product I've ever encountered.

On the shifter for my GT350 there were no commercial bolts that met their standards for tolerances so they fully CNC'd their own hardware. Frigging CNC'd bolts. The bolts were beautiful, tool.