1/4mile ride

1/4mile ride

First Name
Shax
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK4 MT & MK5 AT Supra, Nissan Z 23 MT
Let us know how you go once they're worn in!!
Funny you asked, it’s been 5-6 months and 5,000km on these tyres and here’s the review 👌:

1. Grip, Grip, Grip: The Sport Contact 7 tires are like velcro on steroids! Whether you're tearing through hairpin bends or launching off the line, these bad boys stick to the road like a gecko on a window pane.

2. Corner-carving Precision: These tires turns the Supra into a precision instrument of speed! Thanks to Force Vectoring technology, the steering response is so sharp that it feels like the car reads your mind, taking every corner with surgical precision. The result? Enhanced lateral stability and improved handling characteristics – the very essence of what makes the GR Supra a thrilling sports car.

3. Comfort in the Chaos: Despite their performance prowess, the Sport Contact 7s don't punish you with a bone-jarring ride. They somehow manage to offer a surprising level of comfort, ensuring you can enjoy those long cruises without rattling your molars loose.

Driving Dynamics:

The instant response, the razor-sharp feedback, and the way they complement the car's inherent balance – it's a harmonious dance between car and rubber.

When you plant your foot, the Supra pounces forward with ferocity, thanks to the Sport Contact 7s' ability to transfer every ounce of power to the ground. And when you dive into a corner, it's like the tires read your intentions telepathically, gripping the road with unyielding determination.

The best part? They communicate with you like an enthusiastic co-driver, giving you the confidence to push harder and faster than ever before. It's an automotive symphony, where the maestro is the Supra, and the Continental Sport Contact 7 tires are the virtuoso soloists!

With its exceptional grip, precise steering response, and superior cornering abilities, these tires elevates the GR Supra's already stellar driving dynamics to stratospheric levels. Imagine the confidence you'd feel as you approach each bend, knowing that these tires keeps you locked to the road, allowing you to push the Supra to its limits with surgical precision.

IMG_3501.jpeg

IMG_3506.jpeg

BrettMRC

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, Defender, Rx400h
Funny you asked, it’s been 5-6 months and 5,000km on these tyres and here’s the review 👌:

1. Grip, Grip, Grip: The Sport Contact 7 tires are like velcro on steroids! Whether you're tearing through hairpin bends or launching off the line, these bad boys stick to the road like a gecko on a window pane.

2. Corner-carving Precision: These tires turns the Supra into a precision instrument of speed! Thanks to Force Vectoring technology, the steering response is so sharp that it feels like the car reads your mind, taking every corner with surgical precision. The result? Enhanced lateral stability and improved handling characteristics – the very essence of what makes the GR Supra a thrilling sports car.

3. Comfort in the Chaos: Despite their performance prowess, the Sport Contact 7s don't punish you with a bone-jarring ride. They somehow manage to offer a surprising level of comfort, ensuring you can enjoy those long cruises without rattling your molars loose.

Driving Dynamics:

The instant response, the razor-sharp feedback, and the way they complement the car's inherent balance – it's a harmonious dance between car and rubber.

When you plant your foot, the Supra pounces forward with ferocity, thanks to the Sport Contact 7s' ability to transfer every ounce of power to the ground. And when you dive into a corner, it's like the tires read your intentions telepathically, gripping the road with unyielding determination.

The best part? They communicate with you like an enthusiastic co-driver, giving you the confidence to push harder and faster than ever before. It's an automotive symphony, where the maestro is the Supra, and the Continental Sport Contact 7 tires are the virtuoso soloists!

With its exceptional grip, precise steering response, and superior cornering abilities, these tires elevates the GR Supra's already stellar driving dynamics to stratospheric levels. Imagine the confidence you'd feel as you approach each bend, knowing that these tires keeps you locked to the road, allowing you to push the Supra to its limits with surgical precision.
Were you paid to write that? 😂

What are they like when it's dry but cold?

OP
OP
1/4mile ride

1/4mile ride

First Name
Shax
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK4 MT & MK5 AT Supra, Nissan Z 23 MT
Were you paid to write that? 😂

What are they like when it's dry but cold?
😂😂😂 just pitching for Top Gear spot !
It warms up real quick and maintains the temperature even on highway driving as compared to stock. I’ve taken some tyre temp reading to compare with PSS and it’s quite impressive how quickly these warm up. I’d not dare to do a pull on PSS when the tyres are cold, it was quite embarrassing really. But with SC7 I don’t blink twice, just count to 3

eliotrw

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ice Grey 3.0
I have these too in the uk, and they are the tyre, simple as that.

Worlds above supersports, infact even having standard width, i wonder if going to 295 etc is even required....

Last edited:

BrettMRC

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, Defender, Rx400h
I'm looking to change from the standard non-stick rubber, so these look like a good option :)

BillyLong42

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium
Damn. We may have a tyre here that makes me get off my INVO train. Like these alot.

Rensuhlo

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA

Driving Dynamics:

ChatGPT here. Nice work.

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra (sold), 2023 F150 Tremor
Curious to see how they compare to the Continental ExtremeContact Sport 02.
I would imagine slightly better in dry performance with a hit to wet performance and tread life. Cost is higher, of course, but it doesn’t look like too much more.

I have the ExtremeContact Sport 02s, and I’m super pleased with them in both handling dry street launches (tuned), feeling safe in the rain, and performance on track, as well. By the end of my track day, no one was keeping up in my (admittedly, novice) run group. They are a great value street tire, and I imagine the sportcontact 7 gives a bit more dry performance on the street without committing to 200TW tires.