Back Box Mod - South of Watford?

MK_Surrey

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lightning Yellow 3.0 Pro (2022 Delivery)
Now I'm 3,000 miles in I definitely need more noise from the exhaust. You can barely hear the rear of a 22 when driving.

Does anyone have experience of a garage they've used in the South for the back box mod? I will be using the Googles to find somewhere but always good to ask for some real world recommendations if anyone on here has.

Many thanks.
Sponsored

Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 G42 M240i
Got mine done at PCW Exhaustmod,
Sounds so much nicer, adds some small amount of backfires and i would say its like the equivalent to what BMW offer on the M140i back in the days of M Performance exhaust.
https://www.exhaustmods.co.uk/

OP
OP
MK_Surrey

MK_Surrey

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks Dan.

Reactions: Dan
OP
OP
MK_Surrey

MK_Surrey

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
What do you think of the 22?

My Golf R from 2017 was louder. You came from a Mustang, right? Must be serene in the Supra.

Chappers

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR 3.0L Tungsten Silver
What do you think of the 22?

My Golf R from 2017 was louder. You came from a Mustang, right? Must be serene in the Supra.
Yeah I had an axle back custom exhaust on the mustang and it alway put smiles on people's faces when i revved it, I do miss that about the mustang hence why the exhaust is the first thing I'm getting done on the supra.

I do love the supra though, it's just a completely different car and nice n comfortable, the mustang was quite difficult to drive, clunky, heavy and even with handling mods was difficult.

The quality wasn't there at all, scratchy plastics at high level rather than soft touch, in terms of reliability it's the worst car I've owned for things going wrong with it and I've owned an alfa...
Intake manifold broke causing misfires took Ford 5 weeks to source parts n repair
2x wheel bearings failed which they wouldn't give me the car back due to safety
Design flaw in the Heated n cooled seat module nearly set on fire due to not having an extra ground to distribute current
A/C leaked but couldn't find the source which caused damage to the compressor then ended up needed to be replaced. Bearing in mind the car is 6years old and most of the above happened in its 3rd year...

So yeah all in all i think after the exhaust is done the supra will be perfect it's much more modern and comfortable to drive with the performance to boot, I'm loving the turbo noises too they put a smile on my face haha

OP
OP
MK_Surrey

MK_Surrey

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah I had an axle back custom exhaust on the mustang and it alway put smiles on people's faces when i revved it, I do miss that about the mustang hence why the exhaust is the first thing I'm getting done on the supra.

I do love the supra though, it's just a completely different car and nice n comfortable, the mustang was quite difficult to drive, clunky, heavy and even with handling mods was difficult.

The quality wasn't there at all, scratchy plastics at high level rather than soft touch, in terms of reliability it's the worst car I've owned for things going wrong with it and I've owned an alfa...
Intake manifold broke causing misfires took Ford 5 weeks to source parts n repair
2x wheel bearings failed which they wouldn't give me the car back due to safety
Design flaw in the Heated n cooled seat module nearly set on fire due to not having an extra ground to distribute current
A/C leaked but couldn't find the source which caused damage to the compressor then ended up needed to be replaced. Bearing in mind the car is 6years old and most of the above happened in its 3rd year...

So yeah all in all i think after the exhaust is done the supra will be perfect it's much more modern and comfortable to drive with the performance to boot, I'm loving the turbo noises too they put a smile on my face haha
Agree with what you say. I'm an accountant and on the motorway a lot, so it being civilised is quite nice.

But it's yellow, and sometimes I do just want to be bit more of a chav...

Going to get booked in at the same place. Thanks both.

ChrisA91

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S6
Here's a clip of when I just had the axle backs installed on the mustang

I do miss the v8 noise aswell, I came from an xfr and s6 both with custom exhaust so can't wait to get the supra done. I suppose the back box mod would be enough rather then a custom axel back unless you wanted it louder in normal mode?

Chappers

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR 3.0L Tungsten Silver
I do miss the v8 noise aswell, I came from an xfr and s6 both with custom exhaust so can't wait to get the supra done. I suppose the back box mod would be enough rather then a custom axel back unless you wanted it louder in normal mode?
Yeah that's what I'm hoping for just a bit more grunt from the rear for now, I'll see how long it lasts though before the itch for an axle back comes around but hopefully this should satisfy it for now 😀
Sponsored