Been looking at New/CPO Supras and i'm interested if anyone has feedback or knows anything about this car

pandemonium

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Wrx (for now...)
Hello! First post but i've been lurking haha. I have had an incessant thought recently to acquire a supra and have had my eye on the market used/new for about a month now and just came across something interesting this morning: https://www.carfax.com/vehicle/WZ1DB0C0XNW047193. This is a 2022 premium that has a full matte ppf already applied and only 1800 miles for 55.8. The wrap alone cost someone 5k+.

I have been mostly considering new with a trade in + cash for the remainder but this one has me curious. I can't imagine too much bad could happen in only 1800 miles and the carfax looks okay but plenty of ways to get around what is reported. I suppose my question is what do you guys think? Also, does anyone know this car? It's lived around CT its whole life and I can't find any detail/ppf shops that have this car in their history.
Sponsored

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Seems okay. Still under warranty, so there's that.

OP
OP
pandemonium

pandemonium

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Wrx (for now...)
I don't mind a slight discount plus a the cost of the wrap! I guess the only other wrinkle is that it's in CT and i'm in TX haha

JTN

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nitro Yellow
The way things are going in the economy on any given day you regularly see people buying way more car than they can afford, then hitting a life-altering event like losing a job, having a baby, or even dying themselves. "Toys" like second vehicles or sports cars are also typically the first thing to be offloaded in these cases. Or it could just be a year-flipper who has to have a new car every year even if the one they currently have is perfectly fine... but in the specific case of the Supra it might be someone who traded for a manual.

There are a myriad of reasons a new-ish car with very low miles hits the used car market. As already said it still has the factory warranty on it, so you have that peace of mind at least.

OP
OP
pandemonium

pandemonium

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Wrx (for now...)
Thank you so much for the replies! I am now considering how the heck I would move forward with purchasing this car haha

Allenyao09

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23' Toyota GR Supra 3.0 MT
Looks like a good deal. The market has cooled down quite a bit. Back when I was searching for a Supra (end of 2022), used cars are often asking for close to or more than new.

OP
OP
pandemonium

pandemonium

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Wrx (for now...)
I have seen it cool even over the month or so i've been watching. Wonder if I should just let this go and be patient. I'm trying to haggle down OTD price over email right now. Also, i'm set to take a bath on my WRX if I do this right now although I may anyways if the market is cooling.

Kmj442

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium, '17 RDX, '12 Cooper S
That looks like a pretty solid deal for a nice low mileage car with a decent looking wrap. I am going to self plug here but I have mine for sale with 9500 miles for a couple thousand less so I think that price is fair - no mods if thats what you're looking for for a blank slate which is nice. I don't think you can go wrong with it assuming the wrap looks good in person.

OP
OP
pandemonium

pandemonium

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Wrx (for now...)
That looks like a pretty solid deal for a nice low mileage car with a decent looking wrap. I am going to self plug here but I have mine for sale with 9500 miles for a couple thousand less so I think that price is fair - no mods if thats what you're looking for for a blank slate which is nice. I don't think you can go wrong with it assuming the wrap looks good in person.
Yeah I might be relocating back to california in the coming years so that's the main reason i'm letting go of my current whip.
Sponsored