genoxy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Hello,

I get this strange double beep with quick acceleration from a stop, no warning light on HUD or Dash, all Saftey Systems are off, happens in Sport and Normal mode whether traction is on or off.

I know it looks like a shift related thing but it happens in auto or manual, before or after shifting, it's not shift related and we don't have a shift warning sound anyways

Can anyone help explain why it does this and how to turn it off?

VIDEO LINKS TO THE ISSUE

Sponsored

Last edited:

Paolo

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 SUPRA
Hi Paolo, not that I can notice...
Yeah I had the pedestrian safety warning come on (red icon on HUD) and reduced it in settings to late from early and no problem since.

If it was just beeping that is weird; usually there will be a display icon as well .

OP
OP
genoxy

genoxy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Yeah I had the pedestrian safety warning come on (red icon on HUD) and reduced it in settings to late from early and no problem since.

If it was just beeping that is weird; usually there will be a display icon as well .
Don't think it's that, will try to get a video next time.

Kiwi Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
terminatorproducts.co.nz
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2021 GR Yaris, 2022 GR86
It happens when you get too close to something, ie a car turning off in front of you & the Supra thinks its a little close.

It Beeps, the dash flashes red & if you really do it properly the brakes actuate

This all happens really fast, so much so you go WTF was that ????

OP
OP
genoxy

genoxy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
It happens when you get too close to something, ie a car turning off in front of you & the Supra thinks its a little close.

It Beeps, the dash flashes red & if you really do it properly the brakes actuate

This all happens really fast, so much so you go WTF was that ????
Hmmm don't think it's that either? There's nothing in the way, no cars, trees close by it's freaking me out now. Need to figure it out lol

OP
OP
genoxy

genoxy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Here's a couple of videos, anyone know what the beeping noise is?

Only happens when pushing hard out of first gear, no lights on dash come up just this double beep sound.

If I lose traction a yellow light flashes in the top right corner of dash but no sound.

Last edited:

Snorlax27

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 1995 E36 M3
Does that only happen when you place it in manual mode? Iā€™d assume itā€™s a shift/ red line notification. Iā€™m unsure though :dunno:

OP
OP
genoxy

genoxy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Does that only happen when you place it in manual mode? Iā€™d assume itā€™s a shift/ red line notification. Iā€™m unsure though :dunno:
It happens even in auto mode, do we even have a shift notification? I can't see any settings for that

Snorlax27

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 1995 E36 M3
Hmmm, no idea my friend. Iā€™m guessing playing with traction settings and sport mode doesnā€™t help?

Iā€™m sure someone here more knowledgeable will chime in. Hope you get this figured out.

OP
OP
genoxy

genoxy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Hmmm, no idea my friend. Iā€™m guessing playing with traction settings and sport mode doesnā€™t help?

Iā€™m sure someone here more knowledgeable will chime in. Hope you get this figured out.
Thank you, happens in both sport and normal mode, whether traction is on or off.

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Premium, 2020 Highlander Hybrid Platinum, 2007 Camry LE
Thank you, happens in both sport and normal mode, whether traction is on or off.
Maybe this has been mentioned before, but I noticed in your first video that the 60 was flashing and maybe the beeping is that you are about the exceed the speed limit. I don't exactly recall but I think there's a setting in the menu where you can disable the warning that you are exceeding the speed limit... just disable that warning.

OP
OP
genoxy

genoxy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Maybe this has been mentioned before, but I noticed in your first video that the 60 was flashing and maybe the beeping is that you are about the exceed the speed limit. I don't exactly recall but I think there's a setting in the menu where you can disable the warning that you are exceeding the speed limit... just disable that warning.
Yeah I thought that too so disabled those warnings, all it does if ON if flash the speed, there's no audible sound. Also it doesn't make that sound when I exceed the limit under normal driving conditions.

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Premium, 2020 Highlander Hybrid Platinum, 2007 Camry LE
Yeah I thought that too so disabled those warnings, all it does if ON if flash the speed, there's no audible sound. Also it doesn't make that sound when I exceed the limit under normal driving conditions.
ok. That's rather unfortunate. Hopefully you find the source of the problem soon.
Sponsored