Ben's Supra Build

MRT2

First Name
Titu
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 CF Phantom, Honda Element, JKUR
Seriously one of the nicest builds I’ve seen.

I’m also an OEM+1 fellow, and try to incorporate things that are in-line with OEM styling.

Keep up the great work, love seeing your updates.
Sponsored

OP
OP
reNeglect

reNeglect

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota GR Supra, 2017 BMW X5
Bump! Its been a while guys! Not much has changed on the car the last few months but... Its about to go under V2.5 Spec.

I came across a used Verus Engineering UCW Wing and then hit up my friends at my local shop and they had the Voltex Type B End Plates in stock.. so I'll be installing the wing when it here this upcoming friday!

Also switching up my exhaust to the new SP1-R Titanium Single Exit which should be here soon as well.

I got some other minor stuff in works and planning from mirrors, big brake kit, canards, nothing to big. The plan is still to do a full frame big turbo in the next 2 years or so!
unnamed (1).jpg

James

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Motorcycles
Awesome build! Which shop did you use for your PPF? I’m looking for someone in Calgary when my Supra lands. Thanks.

OP
OP
reNeglect

reNeglect

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Big Wang Gang now. The rear end so stable with a GT wing, very functional mod. Although i know the looks aren‘t for everyone. Now for the SP1-R Titanium Single Exit, which will be much more aggressive to complete the rear end for now!

FD546FCE-0E65-4EC8-AEBC-8D7E6D3C2345.jpeg

D65B44D3-A154-4338-8F20-FBA832245165.jpeg

CeeJay

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
None at the moment
Is that the SP1-R Titanium Single Exit on the car now in the latest pic?

Loving this build thread as well! using for inspiration and ideas.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Bump! Its been a while guys! Not much has changed on the car the last few months but... Its about to go under V2.5 Spec.

I came across a used Verus Engineering UCW Wing and then hit up my friends at my local shop and they had the Voltex Type B End Plates in stock.. so I'll be installing the wing when it here this upcoming friday!

Also switching up my exhaust to the new SP1-R Titanium Single Exit which should be here soon as well.

I got some other minor stuff in works and planning from mirrors, big brake kit, canards, nothing to big. The plan is still to do a full frame big turbo in the next 2 years or so!
unnamed (1).jpg
With those rear spats. Are they pretty chipped up from rocks?

je8

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra
How are you liking the exhaust? How was the install? I see their product page mentions some trimming required...but of what exactly? I am thinking about this exhaust but also RK Signature. I do have interest in running the Verus diffuser so am curious which one tucks up better. I have seen one example of the RK installed with the Verus diffuser - apparently there is a bracket that has to be flipped upside down for it to clear.

OP
OP
reNeglect

reNeglect

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sorry for the lack of updates since summer time folks.

Not much planned for this season.

I have the Unleashed Customs leather air bag on order, Signature Werks ZL1 Big Brake Retrofit kit that should be here this week. I worked with Jeremy on bringing this kit to market as its 380mm Front and Rear Rotors with 6/4 Piston ZL1 Calipers. The big thing with most modern cars not just the supra is the electronic rear e-brakes where even on the new G8X M's with the huge 370mm steel or 380mm Carbon Ceramic rear rotors they still use a sliding caliper. Signature Werk's setup will be a dual rear caliper setup using the Tesla electronic parking brake caliper (plug and play) so no "brake" light on the dash.

Lastly I have my TE's getting refinished again this season for a replicated "diamond black" finish, still debating on running OG stickers but in black or the traditional red SL stickers.

OP
OP
reNeglect

reNeglect

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Now I know why most OEM's haven't swapped to a dual rear caliper with one that's a fixed multi piston caliper and stuck with a floating single rear caliper.

I've been with Signature Werks on a Big Brake Kit that can retain the OEM Electronic Parking Brake function. We've been through 3-4 different brackets and finally on the last bracket I had to shave the Electronic Parking Caliper to clear the rotors. I'm not to concern structurally on the EPB Caliper as its just for parking brake purposes.

The Clearance is super tight from 2MM - 2.5MM Barrel Clearance, Barrel 0.5MM Rotor Clearance on the inside of the EPB Caliper. But it is all working now, Brembo ZL1 6 Piston Front Caliper and 4 Piston Rear Caliper. 380mm Rotors Front and Rear.

Not to mention how big the OEM EPB Motor is, in the rear suspension bits now it is a super tight packaging.

_DSC5825-2.jpg

_DSC5882.jpg

_DSC5890.jpg

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
Looks awesome!
Now I know why most OEM's haven't swapped to a dual rear caliper with one that's a fixed multi piston caliper and stuck with a floating single rear caliper.

I've been with Signature Werks on a Big Brake Kit that can retain the OEM Electronic Parking Brake function. We've been through 3-4 different brackets and finally on the last bracket I had to shave the Electronic Parking Caliper to clear the rotors. I'm not to concern structurally on the EPB Caliper as its just for parking brake purposes.

The Clearance is super tight from 2MM - 2.5MM Barrel Clearance, Barrel 0.5MM Rotor Clearance on the inside of the EPB Caliper. But it is all working now, Brembo ZL1 6 Piston Front Caliper and 4 Piston Rear Caliper. 380mm Rotors Front and Rear.

Not to mention how big the OEM EPB Motor is, in the rear suspension bits now it is a super tight packaging.

_DSC5825-2.jpg

_DSC5882.jpg

_DSC5890.jpg

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tesla M3P
Glad youve got it figured out, Signature Werks has been waiting to build mine until you figured out the fitment issues. Hopefully mine wont need as much fuckery to fit.

Jmanlevan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 MT, '00 4Runner SR5
Damn, that brake setup looks so sick! I was just looking at Brembo's "alien fist" calipers and started digging into BBK's for the new Supra and was curious as to why so many were stating you lose the parking brake functionality with their upgraded rear caliper/rotor setup.
Sponsored