Best Dealer to Factory order a Supra in Washington State?

Ferruicio

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 G37xS Sedan
Hi All,

New member here! I am looking to factory order a 3.0 Premium in WA, and after looking at a couple dealers it seems like most of them are selling for a 5K markup. Does anybody know of a dealer with the lease amount of added on fees?

Thanks!
Sponsored

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2022 Mazda 3 Turbo
Toyota doesn't do factory orders.

That said, dealerships can still try to get you the configuration and color you want, but they technically can't just order it and have the factory make and ship it to them. They are working with an allocation system and/or transferring from another dealership etc.

I had good experiences with Toyota of Bellingham back in May 2021 when I bought mine.

Lake City: Didn't even get to the "price" discussion phase and they refused to discuss pricing over email or phone ahead of time and when I went in they just seemed skeevy. Also, was selling a Nitro yellow with +5K "market adjustment" even back then.
Michaels: Seemed willing to do MSRP, but added on "mandatory" PPF and Tint which I didn't want and they made it such a big deal to not include it.
Burien Toyota: they pretend you can get a Supra through the Costco car buying program for "special pricing", but then when you really press them, they admit there is no special pricing for Supra and you'll just pay MSRP (or more). At least they eventually admitted it over email so it saved me a drive down south. This is technical a violation of the Costco program.
Bellingham: Awesome experience, was able to negotiate the price over email and phone, and they sold to me under MSRP. A+ experience there.

driftingsw21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 MR2 (5th gen swap), 2010 BMW X5
Michael's might have an all black 3.0 premium coming in soon. Why do I know this it was mine that I put a deposit on a few months ago. Then news of the 6speed came out and I shifted my deposit to be 4th in line with their dearlership to get one. I'm in no rush or anything so I'll gladly wait awhile. I would honestly be more mad if I got my 2022 and after owning it for 4 months the 6speed is sitting in the show room when I go in for an oil change.

WSUPRA

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Launch Edition
Here comes my obligatory avoid Michaelā€™s in Bellevue comment hahaha.

I had an extremely poor experience with them when I was looking to buy a Launch Edition last March. Essentially they were asking around $5k- $6k more than similar LEā€™s across the country, and when I presented them with this they laughed and said ā€œWeā€™re in the backyard of Amazon and Microsoft. Someone is going to pay this for this car if you donā€™tā€. The car was already on their lot for 9 months, and stayed on their lot for an additional 4 months after I test drove it. It sold for below the price I offered them.

After I walked, the used car sales manager reached out to me directly and offered me $250 off their asking priceā€¦ Needless to say, I didnā€™t take them up and ended up flying to Iowa to get a much better deal on my LE.

I reached out to them after I got my LE to do some service work on it, and they were literally charging double what other dealers in the area were. Donā€™t do business with them if you can avoid it - there are much more deserving dealers here.

driftingsw21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
In hindsight it's all how you approach the situation with dealing with dealerships. If you go in guns blazing it's not really a good tactic haha. It's a negotiation like all things people tend to "want" to do a good deal for people they like. Example last car I bought it at Micheals was only 100 over dealership cost so easily 4k under MSRP. I swear the bar is so low now days that just getting MSRP is a big deal. Remember they are making already 500-2500 when they sell for MSRP. Only an idiot pays over MSRP.

tg_mkv

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV
Here comes my obligatory avoid Michaelā€™s in Bellevue comment hahaha.

I had an extremely poor experience with them when I was looking to buy a Launch Edition last March. Essentially they were asking around $5k- $6k more than similar LEā€™s across the country, and when I presented them with this they laughed and said ā€œWeā€™re in the backyard of Amazon and Microsoft. Someone is going to pay this for this car if you donā€™tā€. The car was already on their lot for 9 months, and stayed on their lot for an additional 4 months after I test drove it. It sold for below the price I offered them.

After I walked, the used car sales manager reached out to me directly and offered me $250 off their asking priceā€¦ Needless to say, I didnā€™t take them up and ended up flying to Iowa to get a much better deal on my LE.

I reached out to them after I got my LE to do some service work on it, and they were literally charging double what other dealers in the area were. Donā€™t do business with them if you can avoid it - there are much more deserving dealers here.
Exactly this. Got quoted $200 for tire install + alignment. Come time to pay, the total was I think just a tad over $400!! Their response, "oh it's because it's a supra".

Who did you end up getting serviced from then (and now)?

WSUPRA

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Exactly this. Got quoted $200 for tire install + alignment. Come time to pay, the total was I think just a tad over $400!! Their response, "oh it's because it's a supra".

Who did you end up getting serviced from then (and now)?
I found that Lake City Toyota was the best dealer in the area in terms of price and customer service. Iā€™ve had a few oil changes done there, windshield sensor recalibration, and the brake recall all done with no mishaps.

The other dealers wanted to keep my car for several days to do the sensor recalibration and brake recall. Lake City Toyota had my car ready same day both times.

Iā€™ve also had some service (brake fluid flush, differential fluid flush) done at mShop in Kirkland and was very satisfied with their work. Very good price for top quality work.

driftingsw21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The thing I noticed is most the dealership service departments are just crooks. If you go in blind with no relationship with anyone at the dealership. Again I never had that problem as I know several people in the industry from being in the car scene for so long, so it has never been an issue for me and always been able to get "discounts" by asking a few good people. Example my last Toyota dealership contact works at Lake City. So as a tip if anyone has any plans of service for their car PM me and I could share someone that might be willing to put in a good word so no one gets bent over too much.

Now going forward, Toyota of Bellevue aside from the sale of the car they are dead to me when it comes service as I no longer have contacts there anymore. A good friend of mine just resigned from there and he was able to help me grease a few wheels when I made my initial deposit.

OP
OP

Ferruicio

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 G37xS Sedan
I found that Lake City Toyota was the best dealer in the area in terms of price and customer service. Iā€™ve had a few oil changes done there, windshield sensor recalibration, and the brake recall all done with no mishaps.

The other dealers wanted to keep my car for several days to do the sensor recalibration and brake recall. Lake City Toyota had my car ready same day both times.

Iā€™ve also had some service (brake fluid flush, differential fluid flush) done at mShop in Kirkland and was very satisfied with their work. Very good price for top quality work.
Yeah not really, they wanted a 11k markup for the premium (they were able to come down to 6k lol), and they asked for a 16k markup on the A91 (went down to 11k), DO not go to Lake City to look for a Supra.

WSUPRA

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah not really, they wanted a 11k markup for the premium (they were able to come down to 6k lol), and they asked for a 16k markup on the A91 (went down to 11k), DO not go to Lake City to look for a Supra.
My comment was specifically in reference to service costs. Most dealers in the Seattle area will bend you over w/ markups. Thatā€™s why I flew to Iowa to buy mine.

raslian

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
I had a decent experience purchasing from Puyallup Toyota. They sold to me at MSRP at the height of markup craziness without any hassle, which was nice. Otherwise, the transaction was pretty ordinary.

Reactions: zrk

a90aloy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 a90 and 2020 r1
Puyallup does not charge more than msrp. I had them order the car and after 3 months with no eta they told me Auburn had a supra coming in. Auburn also charged me msrp and didn't add any addons except the cargo mat.
Sponsored