Bimmer Geeks Pro Tool Coding Airbag Light & Driver Restraint Warning ( 2021+)

xplizitremix

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91, 2018 FK8
I seen a few people on the forums who have coded this out for 2020 after installing aftermarket seats / bucket seats which have removed the airbag

Has anyone used pro tool to code sucessfully with pro tool and do you remember what was done especially with the new pro tool layout

Thanks

UPDATE:

these are the codes i'm throwing:
CAS [BDC_G05] | D90D54: NFC reader, inside front: Unexpected CAN user

IHKA [IHKA_G05] | E7140A: Message (FAS status, 0x232) missing, IHKA receiver, BDC-ZGM / SMFA transmitter

AIRBAG [ACSM5] | 9309C4: Driver's seat belt buckle contact: Open circuit

KOMBI [KOMB_J29] | E12C3B: Signal (automatic engine start-stop function status, 0x30B) invalid, transmitter DME/DDE

DSC [DSC_G20] | D354B6: Signal (status, safety belt contact, seat occupancy, 275.6.
1f60e.png
invalid, transmitter ACSM
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
xplizitremix

xplizitremix

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91, 2018 FK8
image.jpg

Currently trying to make both these lights go away

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I have a '21 and latest version of ProTools. These settings are the ones to change:

ProTools Settings.jpg

for me, the trick was finding where these were. My dongle broke and BG was supposed to send me a new one about a month ago. Still waiting. So, I can't even go back and look through the menus. Anyway.. I did all that then made sure the seat belt plug was in the far, outside plug of the yellow plug on the car side. I zip tied it on for good measure. LOL.
I then went in and cleared the code. All fixed. Even with it coded out, you will get a CEL for unplugging the seat. Just clear the code, again. Once it's coded, you can just clear the code any time the seat gets moved.
I hope that helps. If i get a new dongle any time soon, I'll get some screen shots.

OP
OP
xplizitremix

xplizitremix

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91, 2018 FK8
I have a '21 and latest version of ProTools. These settings are the ones to change:

ProTools Settings.jpg

for me, the trick was finding where these were. My dongle broke and BG was supposed to send me a new one about a month ago. Still waiting. So, I can't even go back and look through the menus. Anyway.. I did all that then made sure the seat belt plug was in the far, outside plug of the yellow plug on the car side. I zip tied it on for good measure. LOL.
I then went in and cleared the code. All fixed. Even with it coded out, you will get a CEL for unplugging the seat. Just clear the code, again. Once it's coded, you can just clear the code any time the seat gets moved.
I hope that helps. If i get a new dongle any time soon, I'll get some screen shots.
yours is a 2021?

I did the above steps same as you and no buenoā€¦checked and the seat belt is plugged in. I did disable it prior on BimmerCode but that never gave me any airbag lights so I doubt itā€™s because I coded the chime out when itā€™s not plugged in
IMG_4190.jpeg

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Yeah, I really wish I could get into the app. I guess I'm going to have to buy another one of their OBD2 adapters and hope it doesn't break also.

OP
OP
xplizitremix

xplizitremix

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91, 2018 FK8
Here are the current codes i get from Protool:

CAS [BDC_G05] | D90D54: NFC reader, inside front: Unexpected CAN user
IHKA [IHKA_G05] | E7140A: Message (FAS status, 0x232) missing, IHKA receiver, BDC-ZGM / SMFA transmitter
AIRBAG [ACSM5] | 9309C4: Driver's seat belt buckle contact: Open circuit
KOMBI [KOMB_J29] | E12C3B: Signal (automatic engine start-stop function status, 0x30B) invalid, transmitter DME/DDE
DSC [DSC_G20] | D354B6: Signal (status, safety belt contact, seat occupancy, 275.6.
1f60e.png
invalid, transmitter ACSM
Sponsored